Where would I find an unopened copy of Jaguar?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by iJawn108, Aug 28, 2007.

1. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I'd rather not do ebay and it would just be to have i don't plan on installing it. But it was the first OS X I used and takes me back.

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

eBay really is your best bet for a deal. Otherwise there are these guys. I know there's another company that specializes in old Mac software, but I can't seem to find them right now.

3. TheChillPill macrumors regular

Why not ask Apple themselves? If you explain your reason for wanting it, you might get lucky with someone that will go out of their way to help you out and track one down - I'm sure they'll have old inventory lying around somewhere.

Not sure where you're located, but the best place to ask would probably be the company store on campus - if not, just give Apple a call.

4. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

What, are you kidding? Apple doesn't even make an OS available that will run on the original Macintosh any more. (They are nice enough to make some versions of 6 and 7 available for download, but no others, not even for money.)

5. mr.666 macrumors member

PM me how much your lookin to spend. i may be able to help ya out.

6. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

That was back when they were all free. I am sure someone here would accommodate such a person if they asked for it. Back then when a new OS came out you just took some floppies down to your local mac reseller.

7. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Yeah, my comment was about Apple helping. Apple really isn't that helpful to 'old hardware' any more.

8. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

There was that outfit in Shreveport, LA used to supply older software I think and some of those funky 3rd party hardware add-ons for really early Macs like serial port expanders and stuff. But I think I read online awhile back some tech reporter's lament over their finally having gone out of biz. I can't remember their name! Maybe even had Shreveport in it? I got a couple of older Mac OS from them. One 8.x for the powerbook 1400c I think and one to replace something i did to a 7.x on a 170 book.