Where'd all the righties go?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This thread has no political,religious or social content.

Just like the elections.

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Where'd all the righties go?

Arguing with left-handed people is just not fun anymore. :(

3. Queso macrumors G4

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Probably in the shower. Too much exposure to lefties.

Snark, snark, snark...

:D:D:D

5. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Fixed.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

As only ~10% of the population are left-handed, there are still a lot of righties here. :p

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Probably potty training time around now..

Couldn't resist

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Well lets see they get bashed here.
    You have people like Citizen on the left that if you disagree with them they will put their finger in their ears and go "NA NA NA I cann't hear you"
    So they do not bother debating with them.
    These forums are quickly going very pro left and if you are in the middle you tend to get bashed and the right of middle you get bashed.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wrong. It's because most of them cannot back up their views and get upset when we ask them to.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They haven't even approached the left yet.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Do not forgot sometimes the people more on the right get bashed for asking to data back up.

Take for example in another thread about gay adoption. You posted something about research saying gay parents had no difference between straight parents when it came to their kids.

I ask for link because I was interested in reading it. I got flamed for asking for such INSANE proof which you provided and I enjoyed reading it.

Now you did provide it so I am not faulting you there but it does show how these forums behave. I though it was said that I got flamed for asking what they though was insane proof.

12. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Spot on! Example:

You are right. I got upset when I failed to back up my views with real numbers and data.

ha

It appears that YOU got upset when I successfully backed up my views, and you then accused me of "pulling crap out of thin air" and "making it into an inflammatory plot" when all I did was disprove something you said.

/truth

EDIT: I don't mean this in a personal way, I am simply pointing out the flaw in your blanket statement that "righties get mad when we don't have the facts" or whatever.

13. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Prime, you got on my ignore list because you made wildly false claims about my posts.

And when I asked you to prove those claims -- by quoting any instance where I said what you said I said -- you couldn't be bothered to even try.

That in my book made you very ignorable.

I love to debate.

But I like to do it honestly.

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Keep saying that.

I directly ask you 4 question that I wanted you to answer since you were beating around the bush because in that case that all you were doing.
    You refused to answer the straight forward question. in my book it proved me right. You kept dancing around it.
    Then when you knew you were caught you did the famus "NA NA NA I can't hear you argument"

15. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I guess I'm a righty. I still post, but not as much. I've started a hobby of collecting my favorite PRSI rhetorical questions, and that has proven more time-intensive than I'd anticipated.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Are you sure?

Some of the righties have been banned. That accounts for some of the dearth.

But you think it's sparse now, wait until after the election. If Congress does go Republican, the Left will have a field day with the kind of legislation that will certainly follow, and the righties, unable to defend it, will go into hiding.

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

2 seconds of google research, and I have no idea what you guys were arguing about. The main thing the left has in arguments here, is that if they are right, they either have support, or if they don't, someone else does.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-03-09-gay-parents_x.htm

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/10/28/Gay_Parents_Better_than_Straight_/

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/01/2...s-against-gay-parents-against-california-law/

(PDF) http://www.glaad.org/document.doc?id=39

http://io9.com/5458304/research-shows-two-gay-parents-are-better-than-a-single-straight-one

http://www.alternet.org/reproductiv...rvatives_--_gays_are_better_parents_than_you/

18. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Do you know why they were banned? Why did you reference that post of ITN's?

19. AceWilfong macrumors regular

AceWilfong

Maybe they've finally come around to the fact that reality has a distinct liberal bias.

20. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

You really should go back and read the entire posted and not just that little bit you quoted because you will realized that you just proved the point I was making.

21. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im a little to the right, I used to post fairly often in PRSI...I stopped when I realized that no matter how much proof you provide here to back up a point many (not all) of those that are on the left in here just don't want to hear it. Often times they will completely disregard something because of the source (i.e. Fox News).

I've also come to realize that many in here on the left are just downright mean and nasty. Some have made very terrible comments about public officials. I seldom see people on the right do things like that.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

When the righties can be easily disproved by the Economist you know that's true.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Funnily enough, I've found you progressively more reasonable... :)

24. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Mellowing with age maybe?