Where'd my post go? I have a chance to win a MBP w/ FCE and it's gone???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 17, 2007.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Now I thought this was MacRumors forums. For some reason my post is missing....maybe it never got posted-I don't know. Mods if you took it down can you let me know why? I've voted for people on these forums before for contests b/c they put the links here-non referral stuff.

So here's the deal. I entered this contest for the coolest use of wifi in the city trying to win a brand new 17" MBP + a Final Cut Express....perfect for what I've been saving for.

Anyway, I found out I'm in the final 12 yesterday. Basically the winner will be determined via votes. This is where I need your help. Please check my pic out and vote for me if you like it. I am the one in the tree with the mohawk on the bottom left of the page.

VOTE HERE

Well, I dont have a MB or MBP right now, but I'd love to win one. I climbed a tree for this pic.

Anyway, this is in no way spam or any referral type of things. All I'm asking is if you like my pic please vote for me. Thanks yall.

2. fall3n macrumors 6502

Your post was probably removed because this IS spam. Your requesting users from this site to go to another site so that you can win something. Aka, SPAM. I'm sure this topic will also be removed promptly.

3. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Probably is SPAM, but FWIW I voted for the "Surfin the net" guy at the beach. :D

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

5. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

then THIS
    must be spam too...funny how nobody mentioned that in his post though...oh well...I thought I'd get some support at macrumors....I guess it's the latter :eek: :(

I didnt consider his spam at all. I thought it was a great idea and I voted for him....but whatever....I'm just trying to win a macbook pro....I'm not asking you to pay for anything.

6. GoGoSamGo macrumors member

Even if it may be spam, and I don't even know if the contest is legit, but if it is then you as of now have a very high chance of winning being tied at first. Best of luck to you.

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

It's not the subject so much as the fact that you posted the same thing in 3 separate threads - that's spamming. We're leaving this up since it does look like a cool contest, but any spamming, bumping, etc. will get it deleted and you'll get a time out.

If you have any questions, please review the site rules and get back to a moderator.

8. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh ok I got it. Well, thanks for clearing that up...I PM'ed you. I wasnt sure what forum to put it in. IT's a digital video thing due to the prize, it's a macbook pro due to the prize, it's a Digital Photo due to the photo taken. Well, I'll let you decide which one to keep it in....thanks for the encouragement though (the cool contest part). :)

9. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I voted for you.

11. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Me too. Good luck! Let us know if you win!

12. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Thanks for the spam, I was starting to feel sad and alone with out it.:mad:

13. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Ugh, the top-left guy fails HARD for using a laptop in the stands while at a baseball game.

15. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I'd vote for the double-duty photo if it didn't require me to register. I almost fell off my chair laughing at that one :D Nonetheless, best of luck to you, jayeskreezy!

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If I vote, I'd have to vote for the less annoying underdog.

So I think I'll skip the vote. ;)

17. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks!

thanks so much guys for everyone who has voted for me....

the contest ends in 10 days and it seems that everytime I'm in the lead the dude at the baseball game one ups me...i'm beginning to think he's stalking the vote so i'm going to be examining things for the next few days to see what the pattern is...

currently i'm in 2nd place though with 86 votes and he has 87....lol...we'll see what happens

the site says you can vote once everyday, but I dont think you can...well, for those who'd like to see me win thanks and I'll be sure to keep you updated...I really appreciate the macrumors love ;)

18. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

19. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

ahhh its only final cut express:(

But i voted and it seems that there is only one person that is anywhere near the amount of votes you have :)

20. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks everyone! yeah the express is good for me...it's actually the one I was planning on buying if I got a new mbp....I just think studio at this point wouldnt be worth it b/c I dont do enough with video at the moment....too many other things going on...HOWEVER...my job was looking to get FCP and a new mac, but there's no one to actually fill the video editing position just yet....so I might be called upon in which case I'd probably need to learn it

...I dont think that they need it right now either though....FCE will suit their needs for making promo vids

21. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Sure I'll vote for you....If you give me the MacBook Pro. I could always use another one. :D