iPhone XS whether it pays to buy iphone xs when the new iphone comes out in September

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MysterySteryEry, Apr 11, 2019.

1. MysterySteryEry macrumors newbie

Hello I have iphone 8 plus and want to buy xs When the new iphones will drop in September. Will I notice any difference?

2. Newtons Apple, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

No one knows what Apple will do in September.

It is ALL rumor.

Buy the phone now so you can enjoy.

3. now i see it macrumors 68040

The XS will be fine (if you like what it has to offer)

4. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

You want to know the difference between the 8 plus and the XS? There are hundreds of reviews all over the net.

whats the point?

5. nephron8 macrumors regular

i guess he wants to know about worthof investing in iphone xs at this point of time 5 months away from new release.

6. MysterySteryEry thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to know does It will be big difference switching 8 plus to xs (I want buy xs when apple release new iphones then price of xs will go down

7. now i see it macrumors 68040

The X was discontinued when the XS became available. The same may happen with the XS. You could still get one, just not from .

8. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Not in terms of processing power, the A11 and A12 processor are very comparable, with the exception to the A12 processor with HDR/60 FPS for gaming. In terms of features, both phones are very similar. What You’re really purchasing is Face ID, the new form factor and an OLED panel with the XS.

10. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I would wait to see what they offer in September.

11. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

The pricing won’t really reduce by more than USD 100. Might as well buy now or buy the latest iPhone from 2019.

12. wba1990 macrumors regular

wba1990

Personally I’d also wait till Sept unless you just can’t help yourself

I’ve got an iPhone X currently and may get the XS in Sept if the new iPhones either dont interest me or have another price bump

13. coldwaves macrumors regular

First, when Apple released iPhone XS and XS max, they discontinued iPhone X. The same may happen later this year. You can probably still get an iPhone XS but may not directly from Apple. Nowadays, iPhones are updated every year. If you want to upgrade, I wouldn't wait, especially it is likely around half a year before the new model come out.

Regarding the difference between 8 plus and XS, the processors should both be sufficient for daily use and you will likely not notice much difference. The form factor is obviously a big difference. The stainless steel on the iPhone XS feels nice, but the polished stainless steel probably show scratches more easily than the anodized aluminum. The display is another big difference. iPhone XS has an edge to edge OLED display. What I noticed most is the its ability to show the full color of HDR photos. If you put it side by side with an iPhone 8 plus, you can notice the more vivid color on the OLED display. I would also say that the camera on the iPhone XS is better. If you are picky on the photos, you will likely notice the differences. There are tons of reviews of iPhone XS online and many of them have their opinion on whether it is worth the upgrade from iPhone 8 plus to iPhone XS.

Another thing I would recommend is to take a look at a real iPhone XS in the store to get a feel yourself. No reviews you watched online can substitute the first hand experience.

14. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Other than being just about halfway through the XS life cycle, I'd probably also hold off considering this looks like it's going to be the first year they introduce a 3rd lens which will undoubtedly change iPhone photography for the better...Also if you wait as you stated you may be able to get a good deal at a 3rd party after the XS is no longer being sold direct from Apple...

15. 1rottenapple macrumors 68020

Day by day!???? No. The pics are better on the xs. Battery may be less if you go xs (not max).

16. now i see it macrumors 68040

Th size of text on websites is smaller on the X/XS than on the 8 Plus.

17. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

When was the last time Apple skipped a year

Lol I can see it now:

We brought y’all out here just to let y’all know we took the year off and just relaxed. No new iPhone. Thanks guys

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I’d say the triple lens camera is almost guaranteed at this point, it’s been rumored for over a year now. It’s difficult to say if they will discontinue the XS or if they will keep it in their lineup, even though they discontinued the 2017 iPhone X. But I doubt Apple would want the 2018 XS to detract away from sales for the latest iPhones, so it’s very possible it could still fall in line of being discontinued like the 2017 iPhone X.

19. BluefinTuna macrumors member

BluefinTuna

They’ll probably discontinue the Xs and bring back the X because it won’t be able to compete directly with the iPhone 11. In anticipation, I returned my iPhone Xs today and got an open box iPhone X at BestBuy. It was only two days old and I saved $400 versus the Xs. I’ll apply that amount to the iPhone Pro in September and hope that the X depreciates less than the Xs by then.

20. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

the iPhone XS will be an amazing phone for some time to come. If the new iPhone in September has 5G and your carrier has started rolling this out by then, it would definitely be a good forward investment since 4G is starting to become congested in populously dense areas. Only thing I would say, as I also own an iPhone 8 (not plus), despite the bezels being reduced/removed on the X series, the X series phones are both thicker and heavier still overall than the 8, despite the 8 being also slightly thicker and heavier than the 7. This is one of the reason's I keep my 8. I am looking forward to an X series phone that is <5" and thinner and lighter than my 8, there was a rumour about this last week.

21. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The iPhone won’t have 5G this fall. Although not completely confirmed, it’s been heavily discussed that 5G will not be here until 2020 for the iPhone.

22. coldwaves macrumors regular

Yeah, there are also reports that Intel's development for 5G modem is slow. There is a decent chance that Apple will not even have the 5G Intel modem available for the 2020 iPhone.

23. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

What if Apple releases the the same form factor with Triple lens camera and new colors minus a spec bump like faster processor lol.

24. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

What if they bring back the headphone jack and basically re-release iPhone 5S?

25. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Do you think they will?