Which AT&T plan would be best for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SunnyRenegade33, Nov 26, 2012.

1. SunnyRenegade33 macrumors member

I'm considering switching carriers and AT&T has been one of my top considerations for a while now - mainly because they give me options other than "share everything" or "prepaid". My question is, what plan/set up would most benefit me with regards to my needs?

My needs:

1.) It will be a single user contract/plan (no family plan, no shared)

2.) I don't use much talk/voice, I'd like unlimited texting, and I'd like around 3GB monthly

3.) I would like to be able to take advantage of the $99 iPhone 4S deal

4.) I plan on using my iPhone as a mobile hotspot so I can tether data to my iPad 4 whenever in a non wi-fi zone

5.) I'd like the cheapest available plan and set up that would satisfy the needs above

Anyone have any idea which plan would best suit my needs at a reasonable price (although subjective - I don't want a set a price limit to deter suggestions, instead, I'd like to see what you guys have in mind)? Would the individual plan be best for me? I would most likely go with a 3GB or even a 2GB separate monthly plan, but I don't know yet.

How much would it cost me? Anything else I should know about with regards to AT&T as a carrier?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much :)

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

You pretty much answered you're own question with your needs. That is almost the exact same set up I have for my individual plan, minus the mobile hotspot. I've had it before, but not anymore.

I have the 3GB/mo data with unlimited texting, 450 minutes (least amount you can do on AT&T). I pay $91 a month with a 10% government discount. I think with mobile hotspot, it was only $10 extra, can't remember if it's available on 3GB plan or not. I used to have the 5GB plan when I used mobile hotspot.

3. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

You can also take advantage of the Refurb iPhone 5 16gb for $99, its an online deal only.

4. utahusker macrumors member

I would also recommend the i5 especially if you want to tether. No comparison from 3G to LTE.

5. SunnyRenegade33 thread starter macrumors member

Where?

6. jokemjokester macrumors member

jokemjokester

check att online.

you can get the 450 min + unlimited text/mobile to mobile + 5gb of data for like $120 a month. pretty good imo.

7. SunnyRenegade33 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that's the figure I arrived at, too. But I thought to myself "isn't $100 way too much for a single person to be paying a month?".

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

It is a lot of money honestly, more than I think I should pay, but until I'm offered a better choice at the same speeds, I'll continue to pay it.