Which company would you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew83Ga, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

Verizon v ATT v Sprint?

I've had a few iPhones with ATT, before there was an option to do so otherwise, and currently have the iPhone 4 unlocked and using straight talk.

Want to pre-order the i5 as soon as it's available to do so, and as some one who travels a lot and for extended periods of time, I'd like the options of unlocking one day. The iphone 5 with verizon will still have the SIM tray correct? As far as unlocking and using it abroad, it's very important, but I do remember hating ATT...And I dont know much about sprint or how any of the plans for the respective companies differ.

Can anyone give me some advice? Customers service wise and the above concerns that I have.

Thanks

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

For me the order would be...

1. AT&T
    2. Verizon
    3. Sprint

I would be hard pressed to do anything with Sprint these days
    Our company uses Sprint, and some have iPhones with them and their coverage/service is abysmal in our areas
    Your mileage may vary

I currently use AT&T and have always had good service with them in spite of the complaints of others
    I will continue to use them and have no thoughts of switching
    But it depends on your area, features, etc.
    Go with the company that gives you the best bang for your buck and gives you the best coverage in your area

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is a major factor to consider. I also live in an area with great ATT coverage. I get HSPA+ speed of 8 down and 4 up and have service everywhere. Plus get a discount of 25%. I have no desire to leave ATT at the moment, and only would if i lost my discount. I currently pay $75 a month for unlimited text, mobile to mobile, and unlimited web.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Same here. I highly recommend AT&T per another carrier given that your area has good coverage by Ma Bell. The list of features gained from AT&T is too big to pass by. (Assuming we are talking 3G tech here)

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

My order of preference is AT&T, Sprint and then Verizon. I've had AT&T since the first iPhone and I've been fortunate to live less than a mile from a tower, so my service has always been great.

If I were to switch, I'd pick Sprint next due to good coverage in my area, unlimited data plan and outstanding local customer support.

I don't like Verizon at all due to extremely poor customer service. Through my office, I had dealings with all three for the use of air cards and Verizon was by far the worst to deal with.

Those are my experiences, and you should weigh your options for where you live and your experiences to find which would work best for you.

6. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

7. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

Someone on this forum posted this a few weeks ago. It is a comparison between two of the three mentioned. With the new data-share plans, this is pretty cool to compare ATT and VZW.

Data Plan Calculator

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Mine goes:
    • VZW
    • AT&T
    • Sprint
    I left AT&T b/c of customer service & network reliability back in the day, and I've been with VZW ever since. Their plans for talk, text, and data are pretty comparable. I've honestly looked at both recently, as I'm no longer under contract, but since VZW has LTE both here and where my daughter's grandparents live (and AT&T has "4G"), I don't think we'll be switching.

I wouldn't mind switching to Sprint for the unlimited data, but their coverage is abysmal outside of major metropolitan areas, so when we take our daughter to see her grandparents, there would be HUGE areas that we'd have no service.

9. tigress666 macrumors 68040

My order:

1) AT&T - Been with them for a long time (was Cingular before). No real complaints or reasons to want to leave.

2) Verizon - Too expensive, that's why I didn't go with them at the start and now with the shared plans (though I hear you can still get non shared plans?)
    they are still way more expensive than what I have with AT&T. Other than that no experience on customer service or coverage though they have a rep for good coverage *shrug*.

3) Sprint - I think I'd pick T-Mobile over them honestly. Years ago my parents were on Sprint. I could never understand a word they said when they called me on their cellphone. From what I hear, Sprint's reputation still sounds like it's about the same (bad coverage in general, except now it's with data).

10. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Verizon for me. Tried Sprint for a day and went back to verizon.

11. cynics macrumors G3

I'd prefer ATT over Verizon. I have Verizon now but their 3G is just too slow compared to ATT's hpsa+. Their phone coverage is excellent and much better then ATT in my area. When it comes to LTE I prefer Verizon. I keep my iPhone tethered to an Verizon LTE tablet just for the speed. So assuming the next iPhone is LTE then I'd stay with Verizon.

I have no experience with Sprint.

12. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I would have to say
    1.Verizon- I have a LTE iPad and have moved to New York temporarily. During my drive across the country, Verizon had usable LTE, 3G. My iP4S on AT&T didn't. I'm switching. I've noticed the Verizon is more consistent and I know what I'm getting. I switched from tmobile back in 07 just for the iPhone. Now that others have it, I will go with the best overall service.
    2. AT&T. It worked in Denver...
    3. Sprint. I've never tried.

13. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I prefer at&t too. I had the verizon iPhone 4 up until march of this year and switched to at&t (again) and got the iPhone 4s. My reasons were at&t's data speeds, verizons is just to slow for me. I have actually never had any problems with them either, they have been pretty good to me so far.

14. sanwebs09 macrumors newbie

Which company would you recommend?

I have iphone 4S . this feature are great. The iPhone 4S is available on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon in the United States.I prefer AT&T..

15. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Verizon for sure. I do not recommend ATT. Their customer service sucks. I had two that hung up on me after not being able to explain why I'm being overcharged. I have ATT as my internet provider only because my location doesn't offer anything else and I'm constantly having to call them once a month because they mess up on the bill and they disconnect my service. They once disconnected my service a week and a half after I paid my bill, and 2 weeks later, they disconnected it again. HATE THEM!

16. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Forget Verizon. You won't be able to unlock the phone and since it's CDMA you can only use their service internationally. Stick with a GSM phone for international use. :cool:

17. cvaldes macrumors 68040

I suggest you buy the next-generation iPhone directly from Apple (unlocked, at full retail when available), then just transfer your current Straight Talk SIM to the new handset.

18. al0513 macrumors 6502

AT&T
    Verizon

T-Mobile ties with Sprint. both basically gone. They rely on a lot of pre-paid business vs post paid.