Which countries are happy that Trump won?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Nov 9, 2016.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Which countries stand to benefit from Trump winning this Presidency? Who will benefit and who will suffer the consequences from a Trump Presidency win?

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

3. cube macrumors G5

A lot of support in Russia and certain groups in India said the news.

4. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Syria too, I think it's not correct to speak of countries as such - many populists around the world will be happy.

5. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think we got Russia,India and Israel. Who else wishes to add to the list?

6. unlinked macrumors 6502a

7. cube macrumors G5

Not the whole of India. It is a very diverse country.

8. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

The same goes for Syria. It is quite divided these days due to the war.

9. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Probably Russia but most importantly Syria because he pledged to eradicate ISIS when he takes power.

He's made some very bold claims without any hint of method. Talk about making it hard for yourself I say lol.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Well it could be one step closer to the ground war with the US that they have wanted for 3 years. I'm sure they are celebrating in the ruins as we speak! :)

11. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

Russia is mostly happy about Hillary losing, not Trump winning.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Apparently the shmucks in charge of Israel are pretty happy, as it pretty much kills the idea of an independent Palestinian State.

13. Zenithal, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

Zenithal macrumors 68040

No one was ever going to legitimize the Palestinian state. They've done nothing to deserve it. And I say that as a staunch critic of Israel and her policies. The Russians are happy now because Hillary was in fact a warmonger and the people there can't deal with a conventional war. They're under this impression that Putin and Trump will be chummy. Maybe at first. Who knows.

I never cared for this election. I didn't care if Hillary or Trump won. Though, in the back of my mind, I did want Hillary to win only to inspire (albeit an innocent one) young woman out there who aspired to be president. That's all. I'd say the same about minorities but I'm not sure if it's in good taste considering the more vocal groups that supported Trump.

In January, Trump will be our president. He may not be your president, but regardless of personal opinions, he's all our president. He won't be able to do many things he promised on the account of them being logistically and fiscally irresponsible, but also because most of the Senate and House hate his guts. We may see a repeat of 2006 and the mid-term elections then with the Dems taking congress for a swing-around. Who knows.

While stock futures are terrible right now, these things to bounce back up. I'm not keen on a Trump presidency, but there's nothing I can do about it now. Though, I didn't want a Clinton presidency either. And no, Bernie would not have won a land-slide. If you voted for Green Party or Independent, you voted Republican. I can respect people's choices for not voting for Clinton, but don't whine in 2-3 years when things just aren't going your way. You voted Republican without voting Republican.

As for Trump's future. If he's anything like his persona, a lot of his promises and rhetoric were lies. He might actually do good. Who knows? He's never explicitly said anything. I would be more worried of an all Republican congress moving to impeach Trump and ending up with Pence. Who, I, personally view as the anti-christ and I'm not and haven't been religious in decades. We know it and Trump knows it; Mike Pence is a twerp who should never wield any powers.

Presuming Trump closes loopholes and other BS he brought up, we might, just might be looking at a somewhat bright future. Lessening companies abilities to abuse H1B visas and taxing foreign outsourcing should convince companies to bring jobs home. A fantasy in a Clinton or Trump presidency, but also one in a Sanders presidency. Pay may dip, but the quality of life for millions of Americans, namely poor whites, minorities and the partially disabled. Most of whom are likely Republican.

I don't know. I stopped drinking at 9 PM. It's now 3 AM. I'm fairly sober. I'm giving this man a chance.

Just my take on it.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

The UK, as it pushes our "democratic decision" to the second most stupid of 2016.

Phew.

16. edk99 macrumors 6502a

17. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

All the countries that were extorted to pay for play at the Clinton Foundation are very unhappy.
    Goldman Sucks is very unhappy.
    The Clinton News Network, I mean CNN, is very unhappy.
    The feminazis who said women were going to hell if they didn't vote for Hildebeast are unhappy.
    Vince Foster and the Benghazi four are very happy.

18. Huntn, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My guess is very few, Russia is estatic looking for over who the best advantage can be gained. Of our allies, they are all putting on a good face, crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

What a limp answer. 47.5% of people who bothered to vote for Trust are happy. A bitter pill, according to this source, Hillary won the popular vote by approx 130,000 votes. If we are playing majority wins, the will of the active voters was dashed again by the Electorial college system. :(

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

Countries can't be happy because they aren't people.

20. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Every cloud has its silver lining. :)

Though the USA can vote him out after 4 years, we poor Brits have ****ed up ourselves and our children's lives… forever.

21. cube macrumors G5

If someone does the math, it will probably show that the EC is not at fault but the lack of proportional representation within most states.

The EC is there to give a voice to small parties, but your setup is suppressing it.

22. unlinked macrumors 6502a

America is a pretty solid answer for both country with most ecstatic people and going to suffer the consequences from a Trump Presidency.

23. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I know because it should always be the Cold War 24/7.

Still bitter I guess