Which countries will get the iPhone 5 upon its initial release?

AlexanderTT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Which countries do you think will get the iPhone 5 upon its initial release?

My guess is

USA
Canada
UK
France

They seem to be the usual 4. Anyone think that's right or wrong?

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
The iPhone 4S launched in 7 countries initially (United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom). I could quite easily, and am really hoping to, see the same. Unless there is a shortage, then it may be restricted in the US only for a few weeks.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
They do have their own navy and they keep threatening to secede. Obviously, they haven't talked to S. Carolina and asked how their secession went. :rolleyes:
Texas isn't it's own country...at least not yet ;)
For some reason, I thought release day would have more countries. I guess China would be too big to be included.

mcaddict

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
Switzerland
For some reason, I thought release day would have more countries. I guess China would be too big to be included.
It's possible: the new iPad was launched simultaneously in mid-March in the 7 countries mentioned above by cambookpro as well as in Hong Kong, Singapore and Switzerland...

mcaddict

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
Switzerland
Those three places have a combined population of 20 million. Not the same as adding China.
Thanks for clarifying! What I meant to say is: it's possible the new iPhone will be launching in additional countries. However, i totally agree with you that an initial launch in China is highly unlikely or rather not going to happen ;)