Which Dell monitor for rMBP (late 2013)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Supercell, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Supercell macrumors member

Hello,

I have a rMBP (late 2013) with the dedicated GFX card and I'm looking for a pair of 24" monitors or a single 27" monitor.

My choice comes down to two of the Dell U2414H or U2415 or a single 27" U2715H.
    I'm mainly doing development in Xcode and HTML, and running VMWare Fusion for Windows/Linux.

Will my rMBP be able to power two 24" screens?
    Has anyone tried the new Dell U2715H already?

What is the experience when developing on a 27" screen at full resolution? My eyes tend to hurt when the text is too small. I'm currently using a very old 24" Samsung, which is due for replacement. Never used a bigger screen so I don't know how it feels to develop in a much higher resolution.

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Can't help you with what's best for developing software, but I would consider one of the new 24" or 27" 4K Dell Displays... you could run them at "best for retina" or some scaled resolution which still provides for very sharp text with lots of real-estate as you probably already know from using your rMBP.

There's a thread on them here... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1816805

3. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

I'd go with the 27", it will give you a lot of screen real estate and if down the road you decide it's not enough you can grab a second one. If you get two 24"s and decide they aren't enough you'll be out the cost of those two monitors.