Which democrat will you vote for in the primary?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ero87, Dec 8, 2007.

?

Which democratic candidate do you plan to vote for in the primaries?

1. Joe Biden

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Hillary Clinton

26 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Chris Dodd

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. John Edwards

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Mike Gravel

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Dennis Kucinich

15 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. Barack Obama

70 vote(s)
    51.5%
  8. Bill Richardson

7 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Just curious to see who the macrumors community prefers. I'm a huge Obama fan, but of course I'll support whichever democrat is nominated.

not sure how to make this a poll, though?

EDIT: For the poll, please indicate who you will VOTE for in the primaries, not just who you like the most. For instance, I love Dennis Kucinich, but I don't want throw my vote away so I'm voting for Obama.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Same.

I'm voting for Obama, but in the general election, I'll vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination.

3. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

that's brilliant. Even if you dont agree with their views, you gotta stick to your guns and vote with your party! Go down with the ship, and you're the one crashing it intentionally.

4. pooky macrumors 6502

That's a little harsh. Given the major-party candidates, there is not one republican who represents my views better than even the lousiest of the democratic potentials. So barring some great third-party candidate who actually stands a chance, it's totally reasonable for me to be willing to support any democratic nominee. None of them are nearly as bad as the republican possibilities. Yes, I have my favorites in the camp - I'm currently torn between Edwards and Obama - but I'd even vote for Hillary, for Bob's sake, because, as bad as she is, she's a lot better than the folks currently oozing their way through the republican primary process.

5. je1ani macrumors 6502

Democrats are all a bunch of liars! Full of promises they won't fulfill :mad:

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Did I say I don't agree with the other candidates views? Obama is the one I agree with the most, but I agree with all of the Democratic candidates on several things, and certainly more than I agree with the republicans

Hmmm, I think you made a typo. You meant to say republicans

7. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

everyone likes different things. Get used to it.

8. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

oh man, this became a little nasty, that wasn't intended, sorry...

how do i make a poll?!

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Dems have few problems with that. You must be thinking of Republicans again.

Well, first you find a nice Polish girl....

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Party lines are the stupidest thing ever. I mean really what is the difference between Clinton and Giuliani? nothing. You can not just vote for a party, that how we get crap elections. Honestly if I have to pick Hillary or someone from the GOP I will just high tail my ass to Canada.

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

To the OP, I really like Obama as well.

To everyone else, if Obama doesn't win then it will be what it always is, the lesser of the two evils :( And yes, that means I simply think Obama is the lesser of the evils as well... Isn't that what politics always is? ;)

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Obama doesn't seem evil to me.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This is why I don't like the party system, just vote for the best person not the best party. Get rid of the primary's too. It is all about who makes the most money not who has the best ideas. I didn't like high school because of the popularity contest, why do I want it in politics.

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Call me a pessimist, but I think there is at least a little evil in all of them. :)

15. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

I'm not just going to vote for the democrat because of his/her party, I'll be voting for a Democrat in November because I want our kids out of Iraq. And I want us to move forward with stem cell research. And I want to make sure that Roe v. Wade is upheld, and that gay rights are preserved.

And Universal health care would be nice to. I'm not voting based on party, I'm voting based on issues; right now, I agree with most of the democrats on their positions.

WITH THAT SAID, i truly believe that Senator Obama is the only candidate who can bring the change that we need, who has the judgement to get us out of Iraq and provide affordable healthcare for every American. And if America's not wise enough to notice what an in-touch, brilliant candidate he is, then we don't deserve him.

Let's go Obama '08!

(I still don't know how to make a poll...)

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think you can only do it when you make the thread, at this point, you might need to beg a mod to do it :)

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Obama.

Been a huge fan of his since he entered the race. I really hope he gets the nomination. I can't stand Hilary.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That said, no matter who is elected president, it won't be as easy to just pull everyone out of Iraq. While it sounds nice it wont be as simple.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

We already had one...we don't need 20 years of the same 2 families.

20. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

I agree, I don't think we should just pull out immediately, but we have to begin to pull out immediately. Barack's plan gets us out in a reasonable time, responsibly, without leaving combat troops in Iraq (like Hillary's plan).

...and I don't see "Thread Tools" when I start a thread, this poll-creating is still a mystery to me. If a mod sees this can you add a little poll for me? Q: Which dem do you prefer? Choices: Obama, Clinton, Edwards, Kucinich, Gravel, Biden, Dodd, Richardson

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It's on the top.

You can never fully pull out of Iraq, you will need to keep some forces there indefinitely.

Attached Files:

22. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I may give up on politics. I've lost hope.

I feel the destruction of the separation of church and state coming.

I feel our rights and freedoms being slowly taken away.

and I don't think any candidate can fix that....BUT please don't let a Republican win.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How about an Independent, oh thats right we have a 2 party system.

24. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

And I thought I was being the pessimist!

But seriously, our political system i seriously screwed up, but totally backing out of any participation can only speed up the process... And, besides, you could always just vote for Obama :D