Which EyeTV do I need to buy to play xbox 360 on my iMac display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sk8mash, Aug 19, 2010.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I bought an EyeTV Hybrid before but that doesn't support pal 60 so thats useless..

I've seen some videos of people on youtube using the 250 plus but they dont sell that anymore...whats the new equivalent?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You don't need EyeTV as you have 27" iMac, that has input through miniDP. You need e.g. Kanex XD but there are several others as well, Dr. Bott and Atlona for example

3. cube macrumors G5

Yes, I think you need to go through miniDP because with a capture box it will most probably be unplayable.

4. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Yeah I was just wondering about eyetv because it would mean I could sell my hybrid and have one device for both purposes.

5. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Also, with things like the Kanex, my xbox doesnt have an hdmi output as far as I know...just vga and composite...how would that work?

EDIT: just noticed there is an hdmi port on the back of my xbox.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

EyeTV SUCKS for gaming. You're limited to 480p and what I've heard, there is a noticeable lag so for fast action games, it's not a good buy. I'm sure it's not too much to asked to have separate box for X360 and EyeTV

7. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I didnt realise it was limited to 480p...but I dont think theres lag on some of the models meant for gaming...it wasn't the seperate box, it was more a money issue!