Which FireWire cable do I need to buy for my MacBook Pro & Canon Vixia HF S10?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xTheDreamer, May 5, 2010.

1. xTheDreamer macrumors newbie

I've bought a Canon camcorder a few months ago and last week I got a MacBook Pro 15" with Final Cut Pro7, now I can start editing my videos but I don't know which FireWire cable I need to buy and use.

I've got a MacBook guide with the laptop and I know that my MacBook Pro has a FireWire 800 port but I don't know if FireWire 800 would fit my Canon VVixia HF S10 camcorder's port.

I don't know what port does my camcorder even have so that I know which FireWire cable to buy.

So can you help me with this? Would the FireWire 800 fit for the Canon Vixia HF S10 or what do I have to do?

I know the camcorder came with a USB cable but I don't really want to use that one, since FireWire it's much easier to use with Final Cut Pro7 than USB cable with all the save in Document first then open in FCP7. With FireWire it's easier to log and capture the video.

So let me know what do I need.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

From what I saw on Canon's website, it appears that your Camcorder does not support FireWire. You will therefore have to settle for using a USB connection instead.