Which ipad’s will get iOS 13 Mouse support

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jcmwwe, May 26, 2019.

1. Jcmwwe macrumors member

Hi I heard iOS 13 will get mouse support. We will find out for sure next week. But which ipad’s Do u think will get this support? I am thinking of buying a new iPad but want one that will have this. What does everyone think? Thanks.

2. chabig macrumors 603

I don't think there will be mouse support. But if there is, I would expect all iPads running iOS 13 to have it.

3. Jcmwwe thread starter macrumors member

There is a lot of reports that says there will be.

4. chabig macrumors 603

Calling internet rumors "reports" is being generous. We will know for sure soon enough.

5. Jcmwwe thread starter macrumors member

I was just asking people’s opinions if it is true.

6. secretk macrumors 6502

To be honest I doubt that iOS 13 will have mouse support as well. I mean we will wait and see. I am just saying that I am wary of this rumour.

That being said if it indeed happens I would not be surprised if it is true only for iPad Pros given the idea that the Pros are supposed to be fully laptop replacements.

7. Jcmwwe thread starter macrumors member

Would think all pros or just the latest models?

8. chabig macrumors 603

9. secretk macrumors 6502

Good question. I am not sure. I would not be surprised if it is just the latest models. Apple either way wants to make people buy them. Plus it would kind of justify their price as well.

It is obviously just speculation though. I have no idea what Apple would do ;).

10. Pakaku macrumors 68020

Pakaku

If Apple had any common sense, any iPad that supports iOS13 would get the feature, because there should be no reason why they shouldn't

11. Jcmwwe thread starter macrumors member

I hope so that it is any iOS 13 supported iPad.

12. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

If it does come, I will be so, so, so disappointed if I can’t use it on my 10.5 Pro.

13. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

If mouse support comes it is possible it will only be for Pro 3rd Gen. It is also possible it comes to the 2nd Gen Pro too. I’m not as hopeful that it would come to all iPads that support iOS 13.

14. macfacts macrumors 68040

macfacts

Mouse support would affect apple pencil sales. Keep dreaming

15. chabig macrumors 603

It's just software. There would be no reason for it not to work on all iPads.

16. Agent47 macrumors member

Which is exactly why Apple will never give us mouse support on an iPad. It's too useful, and would let mobile professionals actually be more productive. I'll admit I would love it myself, even if restricted to the iPad Pro, but Apple seems entrenched into the touch screen/Apple Pencil way of doing things. I just wonder if Jony Ive has ever spent any amount of time working with large spreadsheets on an iPad. Looks great, a nightmare to edit.

17. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

They need to find a way to make people upgrade and also differentiate Pro from the iPad? :)

18. jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

If added to any it will be the Pro line up only. But being Apple I'm in doubt they will bring mouse support at all.

19. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

I’d say there is a 70% chance it will be added. But I’m pretty sure if it happens, it will only be for the Pro lineup and maybe not even all Pros. Then again, there is a slim chance it just might make it to other iPads but I wouldn’t bank on that.
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2019 ---
    Not really. They’ll probably also sell a mouse. Maybe for at least 99 or 129. And I’d probably use a mouse plus pencil based on my respective use cases.

20. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Early reports indicated this was really intended to be more of an accessibility feature. If they limit something like that to Pro models only, that’d be kind of terrible.

21. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

They already have given customers plenty of reasons to upgrade and/or choose a Pro over the standard iPad. Do you not think that quad-speakers, ProMotion, FaceID, USB-C, faster processor, more RAM, thinner bezels are enough incentive to buy a Pro?

Exactly. It's been reported to be an accessibility feature. Just like the inclusion of USB-C caused people to think it meant more than it actually did, so too will support for mice (as reported).

22. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I would say its deffo on the cards for WWDC but any mention of mouse support is going to be minimal as they prob dont want to sing and dance about how they've been wrong all these years.

23. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

I'd say on all iPads that support iOS 13 if Apple decides to be generous.

24. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

What's sort of interesting to me is that the four speakers is literally the only thing I even care about on that list.

ProMotion, for some reason, still bugs my eyes.

25. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

I think that all of those Pro-differentiators are gimmicky but virtually everyone else believes that they're important so they are overwhelming reasons to "go Pro". There is no need to make mouse support selective to drive sales.