Which ipad did you buy? and are you happy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freddy-b, Apr 3, 2011.

1. freddy-b macrumors regular

Do u think you should have gotten the 3G version?

Do u think that you should have more GB on your ipad?

Did u get it in Black or White?

What do you think?

;)

2. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

1) I got wifi. Honestly, there's wifi anywhere you go that's important. Like Starbucks, barnes and nobles, restaurants, universities, even on planes, etc. If I need 3G, I can use my iPhone.

2) I got 64gb. I've always lived my life according to the following moxie:

It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

...in other words, if you're going to spend $500+ tax, why not spend a little more to ensure that you NEVER have to worry about capacity constraints?

16gb?? Are they kidding?! My iPhone is 32 gigs and my modest music and movie collection is at full capacity.

3) I got white. Never doubted it for a second. White = iPad 2. No confusion there.

P.S. I'm a chick and I waited in line on launch day for 5 hours. Worth every penny.

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

with ios 4.3's amazing home sharing and the fact that i don't take my ipad out of my house, i'm thinking i could have gotten a smaller ipad without 3g (wound up with a 64gb verizon). still, i don't have any regrets.

5. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

16gb white wifi, i love it so much ;)

here in Austria, we don't need to pay extra for tethering, and it's not as much of a battery drain as people think. i tethered for 3 hours a few days ago and my phone went from 90% to 60%

6. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Had a 32G 3G iPad 1 and realized I never used 3G and don't have that much media. Got a 16GB wifi iPad 2. The lack of 3G is fine because of Personal Hotspot on my iPhone 4 (which, as a matter of fact, I'm using right now). But I'm going to pick up a 32 gigger when I can and give the 16 to my parents. 16 is not insufficient, but I'd like to have just a bit more space. Personal preference. I could make do with 16 if you stuck a gun to my head.

7. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Ipad

I got a white 16g 3G AT&T. And I freaking luv it!!!!!

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

16gb wifi iPad 1 and I'm extremely happy with it

9. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I got a white 64 gig Att. Sure, theres lots of wifi around, but i want to be sure of having a connection when i need it, especially while travelling. Id rather have 3g and not need it, than need it and not have it. White cos its prettier :)

10. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

spoken like a true queen.

11. OSMac, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

OSMac macrumors 65816

Have a 16gb wifi black and it's going back !

I prefer my original in it's nice leather case, the new one is somewhat faster loading web pages but the screen bleed and tapered edges give it a cheaper feel for me. Not worth the 250-300 upgrade cost.

Decided to skip this generation and wait for retina pad :)

12. Hotherps macrumors newbie

Black 64 gb Wifi + 3G .

Very happy with this I-Pad 2 (I didn't buy the first generation). I'm using the 3G connection quite a lot commuting and at work while away from my MacBookPro or the WiFi locations around the campus.

13. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

So if you live by that moxie why didn't you buy the 3G? :p

14. Sirolway macrumors 6502

For me, public WiFi = insecure so it's got to be 3G, or a MiFi device / tethering.
    I also figure better to have it & not to need it, so I bought 64GB.

Sure enough, I don't need it; 32GB would have been plenty, 16GB probably sufficient...

15. JeepGC macrumors regular

Black 32 gb Verizon, had an iPad 1 without 3G and wished I had it on numerous occasions. In my opinion it's worth it ;)

16. macsolo macrumors newbie

White 32Gb wifi. I was in two minds between the White and black model but since the shop charged more for the black model it made my choice a lot easier.

no regrets at all.

17. newdeal macrumors 68020

Blaxk 16gb wifi and love it. Only thing is i wish it had gps. Wouldnt pay the extra for it but it would be nice

18. wilhub macrumors member

I got the 32 gb AT&T 3G black iPad 2. I ordered from Apple.com.

I love it. This is my first iPad. I am amazed at how small it is. The screen is beautiful.

I am happy with 32 gb. I got the 3G version because I wanted to keep my unlimited data plan on my iPhone with AT&T.

I wouldn't change a thing.

I am considering getting insurance from SquareTrade.

19. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

Queued 6 hours for my White 32gb wifi and love it.
    Memories more than enough for me and I rarely take it out so a 3G model was a waste of money for me.
    If I ever find myself needing internet I always have personal hotspot with my ip4.

First iPad and happy with it.

20. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I got a white 32GB WiFi only iPad and I love it. I waited four hours in line on the first day it become available here in Germany and I am extremely happy with it.

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

22. Richiemiami macrumors newbie

I had the 64 wifi the first day they came out then when the 3g came out I bought one of them now i'm considering buying another 3g ipad2 and give my other Ipad to my wife

with the first 64gb wifi I tried teathering and I didn't like it
    I found it to rapidly drain my battery on the host phone

now with 3g and I don't need it anymore I have kept up with the current technology and tethering is easier and much much faster to setup than before

bluetooth triggered tethering is absoloutely the best but the phone neeeds to be hacked so that raises the questions would I buy an ipad2 wifi and wait for a hack so I can use bluetooth triggering or no

23. Zeos macrumors 6502

64 gb AT&T black. Upgraded from the ip1. Love it! I Put ghost armor on it front and back, makes it even better! Kids have 32 gb AT&T black. We turn on the 3G for them on long trips and it's great. Plus, 3G will help resale.

24. takufu01 macrumors regular

16G WiFi

Got the 16g Wifi....tethered to my phone....its great!

25. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

No need to hack on an iPhone 4 to tether via BT. Works like a charm.