Which iphone 5 color did you get? And are you happy with that decision?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAneil808, Oct 15, 2012.

1. DAneil808 macrumors member

Im planning on getting an iphone 5 soon(when its available in my town) and cant decide which color to get. The black looks really cool and i havent gotten to see the white one in person. I dont care about my phone being scratched. I change my mind every other day lol.

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i had black and the one that came was already scratched up. i experimented on that a little bit to see how easy the sides would chip and it wasnt pretty. all the apple ones at the stores have wear on it. so i swapped to white.
    reminds me of a mini macbook pro i just want the front glass to be black. with this raw aluminum back and sides.

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the white and really like it. But then I'm all over the white - white car, white watch, etc.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I got white, and I am happy with it although I did have my black regret after I got the white.

I'm kinda up and down between black and white for the 5. But my friend (who was adamant they got a flawless black) started reporting the anodized coating problem after a week. So even though I think black looks sexy, I don't think I will switch.

5. GP20 macrumors member

I received a black on launch day and it came all scuffed up. The next day I returned it for a white that was flawless. But for the past 2 weeks, I kept thinking about reselling the white and getting another black one despite the scuffs. For whatever reason, I feel really uncomfortable using my white iPhone in public. Almost embarrassed. I ordered another black which will be delivered first week of November. I'll give black another try and will see if I end up keeping it.

6. MattBookBower macrumors member

I went for White, I do prefer the Black iPhone 5, love the black edges etc. However I have had white on my 4S and 4, and also have a white iPad and white MacBook, so thought my best option to carry on the white trend. I am not unahppy with my white, I just think the black does look more stylish.

The black borders show up much more on an App that hasn't been updated on the white 5 compared to the black.

7. KeanBurke macrumors newbie

Got the black one with no scratches or anything, but that was on Saturday. In store pick up and yes I'm very happy with my decision. The white one does seem more girly

8. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I have white I don't regret it, it looks better in person than it does online. I would have settled for black too but I also like contrast. Apps updated for the 5 look so much better on the white one .

9. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

I got white looks like the Mac book pro. Got my flawless white on launch and it's still flawless.

10. DAneil808 thread starter macrumors member

I wish they made one where it had the back of the black one and white on the front. that would look sick

11. shmonkus macrumors member

I got my black iPhone 5 in a flawless condition, and threw it straight into a Belkin case. I think the scuff thing is to be expected if you prefer rocking the phone naked, given the fact that it is aluminium.

12. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

you're starting to sound like steve wozniak
    all jokes aside that would be so un-apple like and if you really think about it it wouldn't look like much.

13. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Got black, and I love it. Yes, mine is flawless.

I think the white looks great too. I have had both black and white iPhones; I was in the mood for a ninja phone this time around. ;)

14. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

White and love it! and to everyone who thinks white is more "girly"...really? i mean we are pretty much grown adults here so if you are thinking that then there is something wrong with you!:rolleyes:

15. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

16. Ifti macrumors 68000

White - I think it looks much nicer.
    I have a video of it on my YouTube channel (link in sig) if you want to see it closer. The silver on white looks really nice - not as 'stand-out' etc as I thought!

17. DAneil808 thread starter macrumors member

One more question.. Have any of you guys experienced any type of lag yet? What i hate about my 3gs is the constant lag and load times for apps and games. even safari frequently lags too.

18. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Nope it is incredibly fast!

19. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

After all of 10 comments or so, you just derailed your own thread. Congrats.

I received a pristine black model & couldn't be happier.

20. Bishwasher macrumors regular

I have a white iPhone 5 and I love it:). I think having a white iPod Touch 4th gen and a white iPad 3 may have influenced the decision:D. My advice to the OP ( or anyone else struggling to decide which colour iPhone 5 to buy would be:

Stop for a minute...do you currently have an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad?

If the answer is yes then what colour(s) is (are) said device(s)?

If you find you have only one device what colour is it? Go for that colour.

If you find you have more than one device in a particular colour go for that colour.

If the answer to my original question is no or you have the same amount of devices in each colour then I would say follow your heart:).

Hope this helps you make your decision:).

21. DAneil808 thread starter macrumors member

I actually have the white 3gs. But what im really interested in with the white 5 is the front because the 3gs has a black front. Im kinda leaning more to the white because im kinda bored of black

22. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

White, because I'm a straight male ;).

Right up until I stood in the queue it was going to be black, then at the very last moment with the scuff stories starting, and seeing how much classier the white looked, I changed my mind and have not regretted it.

It's the more expensive looking, sophisticated, upperclass brother to its cheaper looking, working class black brother ;).

23. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

New black looks like any other droid to me...and nobody wants to feel like they have a droid :cool::apple:

24. DAneil808 thread starter macrumors member

thats true. im probably gonna slap a case on it any ways so i think white would be a better choice

----------

o_O

25. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I got the white one at first as I have a white 4s, but I really hated it when I got it on launch day. it's just "Blah" so I exchanged it for the black stealthy ninja one and I am so glad I did. The black just screams classy

I don't like the "Panda" screen either. The backplate is another pet peeve for me on the white model.