Which iPhone 5 to buy for T-mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illcureya, Oct 7, 2012.

1. illcureya, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

illcureya macrumors newbie

Oct 7, 2012
    Hey, long time lurker first time poster. I'm looking to switch from Verizon to T-mobile. I cant afford Verizon and dont mind losing out on 4G, HSPA is enough for me. Our local t mobile store just got nano sims in so I'm looking to get an iPhone 5. I was wondering which carrier iPhone 5 should i buy, Verizon or At&t. I know the Verizon i5 comes unlocked already but because I'm paying full price I'm assuming the At&t will also be unlocked, or am i mistaken? Which one would you suggest or does it not really matter?

Also, does Apple restrict iPhone sales only to individuals who have a contract/account with Verizon, Att or Sprint, or can anyone go in and purchase one?

Any advice is much appreciated.
  2. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Aug 31, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I'd go with the AT&T version. Just because soon enough TMO will have LTE; probably by the time the iPhone 5S comes out. Even though, I'd rather use the iPhone from AT&T which will work better on TMO's network in the coming months. It should be refarmed 3G/4G by the end of this year.

And try going to an Apple store and ask them to sell you an AT&T iPhone 5, no contract.
  3. krnboy503 macrumors regular

Feb 1, 2008
    Verizon bands won't work with T-Mobile's 3G/4G LTE.

Get the AT&T version unlocked.