Which iPhone 5 to buy for T-mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illcureya, Oct 7, 2012.

1. illcureya, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

illcureya macrumors newbie

Hey, long time lurker first time poster. I'm looking to switch from Verizon to T-mobile. I cant afford Verizon and dont mind losing out on 4G, HSPA is enough for me. Our local t mobile store just got nano sims in so I'm looking to get an iPhone 5. I was wondering which carrier iPhone 5 should i buy, Verizon or At&t. I know the Verizon i5 comes unlocked already but because I'm paying full price I'm assuming the At&t will also be unlocked, or am i mistaken? Which one would you suggest or does it not really matter?

Also, does Apple restrict iPhone sales only to individuals who have a contract/account with Verizon, Att or Sprint, or can anyone go in and purchase one?

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I'd go with the AT&T version. Just because soon enough TMO will have LTE; probably by the time the iPhone 5S comes out. Even though, I'd rather use the iPhone from AT&T which will work better on TMO's network in the coming months. It should be refarmed 3G/4G by the end of this year.

And try going to an Apple store and ask them to sell you an AT&T iPhone 5, no contract.

3. krnboy503 macrumors regular

Verizon bands won't work with T-Mobile's 3G/4G LTE.

Get the AT&T version unlocked.