Which is a better place to buy RAM for the new Macbook Pro 13"-Crucial,Amazon,Newegg?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by akbajpai, Jun 9, 2009.

1. akbajpai macrumors newbie

OK.. So I'm a completely new to "threads" and Macrumors.com so hopefully I'm posting at the right place..

I just ordered the New Macbook Pro 13-inch 2.26 ghz model yesterday and should be receiving it soon. I selected the basic configuration with 2GB or RAM. But now I realized that I should have gotten 4GB since I most likely would be running windows using parallels or VMware.

I found two great ones on Amazon and on Crucial. I was wondering which one of these I should buy:

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-CT2KI...SODIMM/dp/B001KUL012/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

OR

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...GHz+Intel+Core+2+Duo+(13-inch+DDR3)+MB990LL/A

OR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148191

Amazon has it for about $58 and Crucial for $67 or 68 (when you add tax). I would rather get it from Newegg than Amazon since I've been using it for a long time.

I just didnt want to the get the one from Amazon/Newegg and realize that it is not compatible with the new macbook pro's. What do you think? Do you think the one from Newegg is just going to be fine or should go for the one from Crucial since it is more likely to be compatible since it says that it is?

Again.. I'm a new user. Thanks for your help!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would go Crucial, I believe they offer a better return policy, even better than Amazon.

3. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

4. akbajpai thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea.. I guess I should go for with Crucial, even though most comments on Amazon say that its been working fine with the alluminum macbooks. Any other opinions?
    Thanks for the quick reply!

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Newegg, however, also offers a great return policy. :)

6. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

7. akbajpai thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man! I know.. Newegg is amazing! I've been using it for years! I just wanted to make sure that it was compatible with the new macbook pro's. I'm pretty sure they would be, but crucial somewhat guarantees that since it recommends specifically on the model of the notebook.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

He didn't give Newegg as an option. :rolleyes:
    When someone asks you this or that, you get an answer to this or that.

And learn to edit. :)

9. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Hehe. I usually do edit. However, today I overdosed on caffeine, which then ruins my ability to press edit. I'm quite sorry for the trouble I have caused.

About the NewEgg thing, I was merely suggesting a better alternative. ;) I believe that we should pursue the best.

10. akbajpai thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. Infact, I would rather buy it from Newegg than Amazon since it has faster shipping and I've always admired Newegg..
    Newegg vs Crucial? lol

11. buckeye17 macrumors member

I'm wondering this same thing...

12. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Crucial has always been my first stop for RAM.
    No problems, ever!

13. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

OtherWorld Computing.
    GREAT pricing, Apple-certified, fast delivery.

14. Timmahman macrumors newbie

15. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

Its all the exact same ram and brand from reputable companies with very good return policies. Choose the cheapest (including tax/shipping).

All of those are very good prices, so whoever you choose you should feel good about it.