Which is currently the best keyboard cover in terms of fitment/feedback?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ben-, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ben- macrumors newbie

I've been looking around for a new keyboard cover for my macbook and I was wondering which company offers the best fitment/tactile feedback.

I've heard of...
    • KB Covers
    • iSkin
    • Moshi Clearguard
    • Marware
    • Rearth Verco
    • zCover

So far, I've purchased one off eBay and a Logiix branded one, but I'm not completely satisfied with either one. I don't like how the molding for each key from the eBay one is slightly larger than the actual keys, and that it leaves an imprint on the LCD when the lid is closed, however, it is quiet and typing doesn't require any extra effort. The Logiix one resembles Moshi's Clearguard, where the fitment for the Fn keys is slightly longer at the top. The molding for this one fits like a glove, but typing feels unnatural and it is noticeably noisier. I think the noise comes from the silicone being pinched between the small gap around each key when they are pressed. Typing seems to require more effort because of this.

I would like to know if other brands with an exact keyboard fit molding also suffer from this noise issue.

Looking around for reviews, I am now somewhat interested inRearth Verco's product. They explain that their silicone molding's thickness around the edges of each key is much thinner than it is in the centre, therefore it requires less effort to press each key. From photos, it appears that the Moshi's Clearguard also has this design.

2. alexlam macrumors newbie

I have the moshi clear gaurd. It does its job as a keyboard protector however I dont know if I can get used to the feeling when I type. Pushing the keys doesnt feel as crisp as without one. However I'm pritty sure that's with all keyboard protectors so i can't really complain about that.

3. doubleo6point9 macrumors newbie

I went with the moshi cover and it works well enough for me. The fitment is almost perfect and it's a heck of a lot thinner than my previous cover for my old macbook which was made of silicon. It does take a while to get used to the feel but overall it's a lot better then the old silicon cover I had.