Which mac laptop is better? - new unibody white mac book or refurbished MBP 13 inch.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NaveenKD, Oct 27, 2009.

1. NaveenKD macrumors newbie

I am planning to buy a new mac laptop, but I don't understand which one to buy(unibody white mac book or MBP). I looked into the apple store and found that new white unibody mac book is for $999. I also looked into refurbished mac section, where I found that 13 inch MBP is also comes for $999. It also have illuminated keyboard and SD slot. But only thing is it refurbished product. Since both has got same price I am wondering which one to buy. So please help me. I have one more question. I am residing out of USA and by brother is coming to home this December from USA. I am planning to get the laptop from USA. If I buy the product in USA, can I get world wide warranty on the product? Any valuable inputs are appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
    NaveenKD

2. Bbusyb macrumors member

Bbusyb

Let Me answer Each Point in Turn

I would Definately suggest going for the Macbook Pro, as you'll get a better product fro the same Price. All Apple refurbs come with a standard 1 year warrenty which can be extended with Applecare just like new ones.

While I've not bough a refub machine yet, A lot of Users on the board have and have generally had a very positive experience

All Apple Warranty on Portables are valid worldwide. So there should be no issue in getting Warranty service Anywhere in the world, either from Apple or from a authorized service provider.

You can extend the Warranty from the standard 1 year to 3 years by buying Apple care, which provides the extend warranty along with telephone support for a year.

While you can purchase Apple care anytime during the first year, I'll suggest getting it from the start as there would be no benefit in delaying, and may be a risk of forgetting in the future. I

3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

get the refurb mbp... as for applecare, it is worldwide cover [​IMG] so you'll be alright with that and all refurbs come with a 1 year warranty

4. waynechriss macrumors regular

Apple changes out the exterior and interior of every refurbished computer. Go for the Pro, it'll practically feel like a new computer. Plus 1 year warranty.

5. KidMoe85 macrumors member

That's an easy decision. Go with the refurb MBP. I've purchased two refurbished products from Apple so far (13" MBP & 24" ACD) and they both came in perfect condition.

6. NaveenKD thread starter macrumors newbie