Which Manhattan Apple Store is best to stand in line at on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBoy1491, Sep 9, 2016.

?

Which Manhattan Apple Store?

1. Upper West Side

12.5%
  2. Grand Central

12.5%
  3. 5th Avenue

12.5%
  4. 14th Street

12.5%
  5. SoHo

50.0%
  1. MacBoy1491 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys!

I recently moved to NYC and missed the 3am pre-order time last night (ugh, life was easier in San Francisco). In your past experience on iPhone launch days, which Manhattan Apple store is best to stand in line at where they had a good amount of inventory? Looking for 128GB or 256GB; Silver or jet black.

Based on pictures of I've seen of the 5th avenue store line, I would guess the Upper West Side or Grand Central Terminal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Alex

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I walk by the grand Central store on my way to work and last year for the 6S launch lines looked pretty short. I can't remember what it was like for the 6 though

3. ayobonus macrumors regular

I work right across Grand Central and I can confirm that the lines were short last year for the 6S. Although I think it was just that Apple had a good amount of supply last year and the demand wasn't that high. This time around, I think it's going to be tough to get an iPhone 7 at any retail store. But if there's anywhere that I would wait in line, it would definitely be Grand Central.

4. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

I'm gonna try the World Trade Center one, as it's only like 2 blocks from my college

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

SoHo might be your best bet. Plus they recently opened a store in Williamsburg, Bklyn, so the ones who live in Bklyn that are used to going to the SoHo store, will most likely be going to the Bklyn store, which means less people at SoHo.