Which monitor goes well with mb pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asdfasdf32, Feb 28, 2011.

1. asdfasdf32 macrumors member

Hi- i currently own an iMac 27" (2.93Ghz i7), but ive decided to take it back (its only been a few days) and get the new macbook pro since it is as powerful as my iMac now lol...
    The only reason i chose iMac was because of its superior power, (and the screen size... lol) but since the new mbp isnt as inferior as before, i think mbp will fulfil all my needs (power + portability + even screen size if i combine it with an extra monitor!)-

I was looking at monitors online, but i found that there are two types (DVI / VGA ) and i dont know the difference between them, can anyone explain to me please-:confused:
    Also can anyone recommend me a decent monitor (not too expensive perhaps around $200 or btw £100~£200) that goes well with mbp (colour match/screen ratio?) and over 24" please

Thank you very much for your time.
    :)

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's all but impossible to find a decent 16:10 monitor for less than $200 anymore, and not many really match the MBP.

However, you do want one that will use DVI, as that gives better picture than VGA.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

I know this is probably very expensive, and not really what you wanted, but it's still a great deal for what you get: 27" Cinema Display http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC007LL/A
    If you save up and buy it you'll be using it for years to come, as it is just amazing.

You could also look into getting a used 23" or 24" off of ebay. They tend to run $250-600 just depending on the day.

DVI uses a Digital Signal, and VGA uses analog.

4. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think a monitor needs to match the aspect ratio etc. of the system. Any monitor should be fine. I'm looking at a Dell one for use with my future MacBook Pro or Air.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Any monitor will be a good match and give you extra screen space. DVI or VGA will work, you just need to get the corresponding adapter from Apple for either type.

I hook my MBP up to an Acer 23" monitor over DVI. It's a decent monitor and can be had for about $200. I put the 23" on a little riser. So my positioning is that the 23" exists above the MBP screen. Rather than side by side.

I too bought an iMac i7 not long ago for the same reasons as you. I also returned it for the same reason as you. New MBP is on the way. :)