WHICH MOUSE TO BUY FOR Call of Duty 4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tsiman3, Nov 2, 2008.

1. tsiman3 macrumors newbie

HEY,

I need a mouse for my macbook pro and I am deciding between the wired mighty mouse or the razer pro click mobile bluetooth mouse. I would use it for casual gaming (COD4) and I am worried that bluetooth will lag and that is why I have not considered the wireless mighty mouse very much.

Has anyone used the razer pro click mobile bluetooth mouse? Has anyone used a bluetooth mouse for playing call of duty for? is their lag?

thanks.

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

No need to shout ;)

I'd probably go with the Razer - I play CoD with a wired Mighty Mouse, and not having properly separated left and right click buttons is a pain in the arse frankly; it's too easy to actually fire when you're trying to toggle the scope and vice versa.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Logitech MX Revolution.

I have the previous-gen (MX Laser) and it's a fantastic mouse for gaming. I play CoD 2, and have fire, reload, scope, grenade, and attack on my mouse. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

4. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

amen, the mighty mouse is made to please the eyes, not the games.
    You would probably be better to look at some other (non-bluetooth) wireless mouse, like maybe a logitech with a laser sensor for better accuracy. Razer is certainly the right company to look at for game-centric stuff, tho.

Just my two cents...

5. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

even better advice. The more buttons (within reason, lol) the better :D

6. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

i personally would use the Logitech MX revolution and i love it.

I too play games and i personally would suggest the Logitech G9.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3053&cl=us,en

and amazon has it for $78.99 which is $20 off the original price.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1225645546&sr=8-2

the G9 is nice because it has two batteries. The MX has a built in battery and so when i forget to charge it it will die on me in the middle of a game.
    It has only died on me like 5 times though.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The MX revolution is POS when it comes to gaming. Try the RAZR mouse.

8. tsiman3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone.

I would like to know if anyone has actually used the razer click pro mobile also??

Thanks a lot.

9. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

DEFINITELY GET THE RAZER!!!! nothing is better for macs if youre gaming or doing pro work. i have both the bluetooth mini and the usb PRO|SOLUTIONS mice by razer and i love them. they are amazing for gaming and pro work. i personally love the USB version better because it is more comfortable on the hand. but, it all depends on your portability needs. do not get any other brand, stick with razer. i have tried many mice over the years and i used to work at apple, nothing is better than the razer mice for the mac. have fun!

10. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Biggest mistake I've make with Apple was buying a Mighty Mouse. The only product I've been disappointed with. I really hate that thing.