Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello. I am considering a case for my new iPod Touch 3G.

Most of the people in my city use the iPhone. As a result, most stores do not carry a wide selections of cases for the iPod Touch. I want a case that can protect the IPT from drops and scratches. The case should not cause any scratches on the IPT. Also, it should not allow dust/dirt to enter through the gaps to cause scratches. Not sure if I should go for the hard case or a silicon case. Any idea?

Some people said that as the IPT 2G and 3G are of the same size, cases for the 2G should work with those for the 3G. However, I read from another thread that there is actually slight differences. I checked many local stores but cannot find a case specifically for the 3G IPT.

Cases that are available in local stores are:

- Belkin hard case (Remix Acrylic?) for the iPod Touch. On the box, it reads
that it is for the new iPod Touch. Not sure if it is for the 3G.

- Moshi iPouch

- Hard cases from Capdase

- Paul Frank Dots Julius Silicone Case. This is a cute case but not sure how good it is in protecting the IPT from drops. Ship within 1-2 weeks. Also, one user mentioned that there are gaps that dust and dirts can enter. Not sure if this issue has been fixed.

It seems that many people recommended the SwitchEasy RevelTouch. However, I cannot find it anywhere in HK. If this is the most ideal case,
I should get it from another country.

Any advice on case selection is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I read that most cases come with a screen protector that creates bubbles. Whichever case I end up buying, I plan to use the Power Support Anti Glare Film for iPod touch (2nd gen) with it. Thanks.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
I have the switcheasy colors case on my iPod touch 3G, and I love it. It is a nice silicone case that doesn't collect much lint and doesn't get caught in my pocket like other silicone cases do. It has a smooth feel and nice covered home button, and the volume and sleep buttons are nicely protected, while still very easy to find. There is even a plug for the dock connector to keep dust out.

I have the yellow "mican" version. It cost $15 shipped. I think that it is the best silicone case for the iPod touch.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Anybody has experience on the cases (listed in the original post) that are available in local stores of my area? Thanks.

Electric Wizard

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
I found touch cases at my local dollar store. Simple silicon cases. $1 each. I also bought a leather case on ebay for $3.50.

They are cheap.

Look at Amazon and Ebay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.