which of these 2 ( 8 GB DDR3 Ram ) is better ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, Nov 8, 2010.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

3. LocoStrange macrumors member

Yea, there are two different types of RAM. Desktop and Laptop.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

6. RayK macrumors 6502

I say stick with OWC because they guarantee it to work for the Mac and they have a advance replacement warranty. Plus they are a good company.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Do whatever makes you comfortable. In the many years I've been dealing with computers, I've had to warranty exchange hard drives a few times and memory sticks a couple times. In all cases advance exchange was an option if I supplied the manufacturer with a credit card they could charge if they didn't receive the defective item back in a reasonable time.

Never can I remember needing to send off a component and do without it while waiting for a warranty exchange.

If going through OWC gives you $40 worth of peace of mind, then that is the direction you should go.

8. CW Jones macrumors 6502

I went with the G.Skill RAM (obviously not the one there) and it fit and worked great.

Just because OWC "Guarantees" it to work, doesn't make it better lol If you do your research then you can guarantee yourself that it will work. Don't be lazy and end up spending money because its easier.

9. crizyal macrumors member