Which of these two Macbooks should I (a student) buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Seamoose17, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Seamoose17 macrumors newbie

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Neither. For 150£ more, you can get a refurb from Apple which comes with FULL warranty and is basically a brand new piece of hardware. The MacBook is currently out of stock but it should appear soon

http://www.refurb.me/index.php

Also, if you're a student, especially if you're higher education student, buy it from Apple as you get 3-year warranty when purchasing from UK HE store

4. Seamoose17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I'll have to have a think.

I don't really mind buying one of these if it'll save me a fair bit of money.

5. brucem91 macrumors 6502

it may save a little bit of money now, but what is the current state of applecare on those machines? With a refurb, you get a year of applecare. Out of applecare repairs can get expensive, if something happens to go wrong.

6. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I'm also a student and I bought a Unibody Macbook with exactly the same specs as the one in your first link and upped the RAM to 4GB, it's extremely fast, will just have to wait and see if it's any good for doing Uni work on (I start in a few days)

7. Seamoose17 thread starter macrumors newbie

How much is the student discount and does it apply to the refurb store as well?

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That depends on country and level of education. You should call Apple and ask or visit their site. Students don't get discount on refurbs