Which Part Of Your iPod Is More Scratched, Front or Back?

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
I've only had my iPod since Wednesday, and already on Friday the front had all these damn little scratches all over it! And the center select button had a scrape on it. :(

Meanwhile, the shiny metal back is flawless. What gives? My old 3G 15GB was the opposite; the back was scratched up badly long before the plastic front showed any wear and tear.

I'm starting to miss my mini now, at least the 'no scratches' aspect of it.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
I've had my iPod for about 4 months, the back is scratched to all hell. And the front has some nice scratches on it in cluded where it I accidenlty put my iPod in my pocket with some beer caps. hehe
Oh well still plays music and the screen is 'mostly' fine.

Comment

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
I've been able to keep my iPod fairly free from major scratches with just the Apple iPod case, but the back definitely has a few while the front has no immediately noticeable scratches.

Comment

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I agree with the iSkin folks - mine is essentially scratch-free thanks to the iSkin and its great screen cover.

Comment

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
just the back.. using the standard apple case.. front is like new, not even any scratches on the screen..

look there she is!
http://gallery.unlogikal.net/iPods/iPod-Shuffle/CIMG2560.jpg

oh.. and i've had it since march 2004.. just keep it protected in a case and you outta be fine... it's a delicate device.. i wouldn't go throwing it around and stuff, gotta be careful with it.

Comment

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
iPod 3G - back mainly (1 year old)
iPod Mini- only a few scratches here and there (6 months old)

Peace
DjVoTeZ

Comment

deral

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Kahuku, Hawai'i
just the private parts.

Nah, but seriously--i got less scratches than I would think I would have. Clumsy clumsy me.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.