Which permissions can I deny without affecting normal use of Parallels Desktop for Mac 15?

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, this time I do not use Migration but manually moved personal files from MBP 2010 to the MBP 16". I have installed Windows 10 natively on my MBP 16" via Bootcamp. I am installing Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac. It asks for many permissions to access all sorts of things. For example, access to Documents folder, Bootcamp partition, Camera, etc. Do I have to grant permissions to all access for it to function normally? Which one can I deny access?

In the past I used VMWare Fusion. It allowed me to drag and drop files between Mac OS and the Bootcamp Windows partition. I don't recall granting permissions to Fusion. If I want to do the same thing under Parallels, do I have to give it access to Bootcamp? I guess I can deny its access to the camera if I only use the camera under Mac OS.

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I heard that it can mess with the Bootcamp partition but based on the experience of long term users, has anything bad happened before? I was a Fusion user years ago. Don't know Parallels well enough to decide.

MacUser2525

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
I heard that it can mess with the Bootcamp partition but based on the experience of long term users, has anything bad happened before? I was a Fusion user years ago. Don't know Parallels well enough to decide.
No idea really but i would think if there were such problems there would be many on here complaining about it. A quick google search does not seem to come up with many complaining of it doing so.

Reactions: BigMcGuire