Which phone to give the wife....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flabombero, Dec 4, 2008.

1. flabombero macrumors member

The wife needs a new phone and no matter how much i've tried to convience her to getting her a iphone, she doesn't want one. She just doesn't like it. So what at&t phone should i get her? She really into texting A LOT and i wanted this to be a surprise.. what do you guys recommend?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well, why doesn't she want the iPhone? There has to be a reason.

If she won't switch, get her the Storm. I'm sure she'll love that.

But seriously, just get her a Blackberry Bold or something, since she doesn't like phones that work.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

There are other phones that work that aren't produced by Apple.

My brother just got the HTC Touch Pro/ HTC Fuze (Whatever you want to call it!). Its a really good phone and its good for texting because of the slide out keyboard. It got a touch screen, and 4 buttons..its like a better G1.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I recommend that you get your wife a couple of tin cans and some fishing line! And get your gurlfriend the 3G White iPhone... LOL :p

5. Robby9279 macrumors regular

Lol @ the storm :p. But he's right, if she's not for the iPhone, definitely get her the Blackberry Bold, an excellent phone with GREAT
    reviews lately, and if not that, maybe the pantech duo, doesn't come in too many "pretty" colors though.

6. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I have a 16GB iPhone that i use and i have a 4GB iPhone just laying around (both unlocked and jailbroken)...and my Wife still doesnt want it. Said it is too complicated.

Deciding if i should just sell it on ebay.

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

If she doesn't want an iPhone and loves texting maybe

This: http://www.wireless.att.com:80/cell...?device=Pantech+Slate+(C530)&q_sku=sku3050240

Or This: http://www.wireless.att.com:80/cell...e=Samsung+A767+Propel+-+Blue&q_sku=sku3030226

Or Maybe: http://www.wireless.att.com:80/cell...msung+BlackJack(TM)+II+-+Red&q_sku=sku1140069

If you want her to change her mind, perhaps take her to the store and let her play around with some other phones and then let her play with an iPhone. She may be more likely to accept an iPhone if she sees how bad some of the other phones can be. The links above are actually pretty good, but have nothing against the iPhone. Hope this helps!! :)

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What kind of phone does she have now, flip or candybar? If she likes it, I would recommend something similar. For flips, I like the Motorola Razr2 V9x. Good luck.