Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which store will you go to on opening day to purchase the iPhone?

• Total voters

bigjay33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Instead of waiting till the 14th for my phone to be delivered, I was thinking of trying my luck going to one of the stores that carry the iPhone on opening day. Which do you think will have the most in stock and the best chance of getting the phone? Apple store, Best Buy, Radio Shack or AT&T?

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Instead of waiting till the 14th for my phone to be delivered, I was thinking of trying my luck going to one of the stores that carry the iPhone on opening day. Which do you think will have the most in stock and the best chance of getting the phone? Apple store, Best Buy, Radio Shack or AT&T?

APPLE

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Did a poll need to be made for this? For example, the Apple Store had over 100 3GS phones on launch day, and the AT&T store had something like 32

playmaker2k7

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010

In my opinion, I would head over to an apple store very very early Thursday morning as that would give you the best chance of getting one. Apple stores will definitely have the most stock

bigjay33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Did a poll need to be made for this? For example, the Apple Store had over 100 3GS phones on launch day, and the AT&T store had something like 32

I was thinking Apple would have the most but they probably will have the largest line as well.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
My money's on Radio Shack. It only makes sense for the smallest and least popular of the retailers to get the most amount of iPhones.

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
guise think i should line up at radio shack on wednesday night? i mean .. i know the manager and he might let me sleep in the store (with the back room locked obviously..).. everyone seems to say radioshack is going to have the largest supply.. they make the phone right?

:rolleyes:

luckyblue

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2010
24 hour Walmarts

I wonder what time the 24 hour Walmarts will make the iphone available?

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
Apple then radio shack.

EDIT: Thats what I get for writing a post when listening to a friend talk to me the same time....

I meant Apple then AT&T

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
You guys might be underestimating the smaller stores. Everyone's gonna show up to Apple and get SHUTOUT and those who go to the smaller stores leave with a shiny new iPhone 4. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.