Which politicians use Macs?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Doctor Q, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've decided to give up judging politicians (both those in office and those running for office) by their policies and promises. I have a better criterion by which to evaluate them - the computer brand they favor! That will tell me if they think as I do.

I have very few facts to start off with, but I'm sure some of you can help me out. Which candidates and incumbents in the national executive and legislative branches (or governor's offices, for that matter) use Macs?

2. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

3. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I don't think Board Member Al is currently running for office. What else ya got?

4. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

I wasn't taking the piss, that was genuinely my best shot! I don't know who is running in the Bear State, but I can tell you that according to Hansard that Macs are banned from the UK Houses of Parliament due to 'security issues.'!!!:eek:
    Of course, the fact that ex-PM Tony Blair and Bill Gates had a working relationship has nothing to do with Microsoft being the sole supplier to UK government...

5. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I didn't know that. Do you have a link for it? I'd be curious to read the details.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Really? I assumed he used something like this:

[​IMG]

7. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Nah, paperclip is his best friend

Here he is with a mac though

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I had started a thread a while back about famous Mac users, and to some surprise, siupreeman was able to link a really nice table of people who use Macs. I can't make a claim to its accuracy, but it's a start I suppose. :p

In any case, I think one would find that more politicians are Mac users than the population as a whole. Factors like wealth, education, and social activity have long been hallmarks of the typical Apple user, so it would be no surprise to me that many politicians would fit this mold (they finally managed to get something right! :p. :)