Which Republican do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Aranince, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

So, which Republican candidate do you prefer? I prefer Huckabee...but if he doesn't get a large enough following to have a chance at presidency, Ron Paul is a close second.

2. je1ani macrumors 6502

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

1. Fred Thompson
    2. Mit Romney
    3. Mike Huckabee

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

If we had to endure another republican administration, I would look for the candidate who will not be kissing the christian fascist's *sses (after getting elected, since they all have to do that in the primaries). I would go with John McCain. I watched video of him as a young naval aviator. He was on the USS Forrestal when it had a disastrous fire. He was surrounded by burning fuel, and he was in an airplane completely loaded with ordinance (bombs, rockets, 20 MM canon rounds). The reason he is here today is because he kept his cool and waited for the right way/time to exit his plane.

Later he became a POW. He is a survivor. I would trust him to lead me into combat, and that is as high a praise as I bestow on another.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You mean, this Huckabee?

I didn't think anyone actually liked him. Can I ask you why? You know the whole "red truck" thing was made up right?

I used to be a McCain supporter. Back in '00 I might have voted for him. Not anymore. He's been catering to the far right way too much lately, and still supports this disastrous war. I just can't get behind that.

I don't like most of the Dems, but I really don't like the GOP and their policies, and there are no viable 3rd party candidates, so I guess I'll either have to go for whatever Dem gets it or just not vote.

7. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

I prefer syphilis, the best of the sexually transmitted diseases.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Now that's not fair.

Syphilis is curable. ;)

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Is Lincoln running?

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The Republicans again would be scary, To many extremist for me, all seem to want war except Ron Paul even if the evidence is once again made up. Amazing. None Served, another bunch of........I would like a great Independent but we have none so Ill be going Democrat for the 2nd time in my 30 yrs of voting for pres.

11. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'm not whelmed by either party's candidates.

Mildly, I guess, I'm sorta Thompsonish. I guess mostly because I don't think any of his candidates for judgeships would be in the "penumbra" and "living Constitution" school of thought.

As far as "how to run a government", I like Paul's ideas--but I'm not sure he'd be effective. There would most likely be continual warfare with those whose quality of life is a function of Big Government and the power of the federal budget. IMO, he could be effective if there were a line-item veto.

War? We're gonna be at war with Jihadists for the foreseeable future. If not Iraq, somewhere else. How we fight the war is the issue, not whether there will be some form or style of war. I don't think any of the candidates have a handle on that issue.

I'm underwhelmed by any of the views on religion. SOS as when JFK ran. Meaningless.

'Rat

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'd take Reagan back.

13. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Are you kidding, these days they'd be calling him a far left liberal.

Probably. I just hope the next administration, whoever they are, can do a better job with it. And judging by how badly the current folks are doing, that shouldn't be hard.

15. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Ron Paul it is then.

16. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'd rather ratify the Constitution and elect George Bush for another 4 years.

He's 71 years old, and if elected President he'd be 76 by the end of his term (or 80, if reelected). I know many will disagree with me, but I believe that is too old to run our country. ...Look how many jokes there are about Dick Cheney and he's only 66. We just don't need the entire world viewing American's president as frail and delirious, as unfair as that might be.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And that's when I get a one way ticket to Canada :D

(actually, I'd drive up there, but you get the idea :p)

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Thank you for not defending the Huck, but there are problems with him too. Look around and you'll see why. He ain't as great as you'd think either.

Holy **** :eek: that's not funny!

Worked for Reagan.

20. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Yeah, he appeared so frail that he was able to stand up to the Soviet Union and get them to tear down the wall.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah- it's tough to stand up to a country that's already collapsed.

22. SthrnCmfrtr macrumors 6502

Well, he still sent the Ayatollah a very nice cake :D

I #$%^ing despise Reagan.

23. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Lincoln sheds frozen tears: "I don't recognize my party anymore"

Attached Files:

24. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Thompson is a good guy all around, but he just looks a little ripe. If they get some makeup on him and give him the JFK "vitamin shots" he might work out

Huckabee is great for fiscal policy. (Yes I know the rest)

Paul is great for the fact he would tell the world to go #$% themselves and piss off every career politician (Biggg Plus)

Romney and Gulliani are both turd sandwiches, which means that probably one of them will win.

Ken Doll Romney looks the part and spews the&*^% like the best of them. My money is on him. I could see his picture on the walls at work. Not the G-man. He looks like the dirty bastard who sells you hotdogs in the parking lot and swears you shorted him a quarter.

Romney/Huckabee is probably what we'll get even though it won't sit too well with me.

As long as my taxes don't go up, I would be happy with Richard Simmons.

25. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Unfortunately, the next administration is likely going to try and tax us into prosperity. :(