Which stores sell iphones at full price, no contract extension?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lamenramen, Sep 24, 2012.

1. lamenramen macrumors regular

Hi, the apple reservations system won't sell me an iphone 5 at full price; I am not interested in extending my contract with them since I may jump ship to T-mobile soon.

Has anyone been able to figure out where I can buy an iphone 5 at full price? Can I reserve and then pickup online the next day if I do not sign a new contract?

What about other retailers?

Thanks!

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Not yet available unlocked

Unlocked phones are never available until a month or two after launch and then only at an Apple store. But for now, you won't be able to buy one.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Extend your contract with who??

The Apple store will sell you a device only no commitment upgrade if you have an existing contract with AT&T, Verizon, etc. The AT&T phones are unlocked.

4. lamenramen thread starter macrumors regular

Not true. The AT&T iphone 5's are indeed unlocked but only if bought at full price. This is undocumented officially but has been found to be true for everyone on the boards.

5. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I have a new 32GB Black AT&T iPhone 5 that I am looking to sell (it is in the market place). :)

Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can work something out on the price.