Which to get - a prone to bending new 6 or a tarnished gold new 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I thought I was set on the 6+ - too big. Then, when I see these posts of bending 6's, I thought, maybe, wait for the 6S. But I need to upgrade my 4S, so now I'm thinking of a Gold 5S. I'm on the fence of which to choose. Of course, I want the latest, but will Apple do anything soon to rectify this bend-gate problem? If not, which would you choose - 6 or 5S and why?

I use the word "tarnish" only to signify that the 5S is not the latest.

2. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

The iPhone 6 does not bend. Perhaps you shouldn't believe everything you hear.... :mad::rolleyes:

3. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Why not just get a Samsung phone that doesn't have any problems. It's perfect. Everybody says so.

4. ccboy macrumors newbie

The bend gate thing has been blown out of proportion. If that's stopping you, you need to re-evaluate. Hell, I can bend your grandmother's cordless phone.

I didn't want the 6 because of the size and build quality, but that's just me and I am more than happy with the 5s.

5. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Which to get - a prone to bending new 6 or a tarnished gold new 5S?

Haha there is no such thing as bend gate. Go to the store, feel it for yourself. It's not going to bend unless you try to bend it intentionally.

6. ccboy macrumors newbie

Pretty sure every phone is capable of bending. Want me to try?:D

7. Idefix macrumors 6502

Surely you've heard the stories about the 5S bending (when it first came out?)

Funny thing is, you don't hear about bent 5S iPhones now. Why only when it first came out? You get 3 guesses...

Seriously: why would you buy a year-old phone design?

Just be careful with your new 6, that's all. And put it in a case!

8. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I remember reading when the 5s came out there were reports .. A couple at least of it bending. Why doesn't anyone seem to remember that?? Lol Does anyone remember those reports? I remember worrying I might bend my 5s by caring it in my pocket. I carried it in my pocket any way and never had a problem . People do love hype... I do carry my 6+ in my pocket at times as well, no issues so far. If it bends, it bends and I replace it. Really a non issue for most of us. IMO

9. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

10. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Thanks pdxmatts..that's exactly what I was remembering . Why all the bend gate garbage, people act as if the bending is something new to worry about. It's not..

11. TRC-WA macrumors regular

If you have gas like I do I'd probably get the 5s.

I had some chili for dinner last night and then went out for an evening walk with my phone in my back pocket... I let go this massive fart and my phone bent.

WTF Apple?

12. accountforit macrumors 6502a

All iPhones have their flaws. Just buy the 6.

Would you be considering the 5S if there were 100 threads current talking about light leak? They exist.

13. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

14. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

Will Apple rectify it? Unlikely, just look at the rabid apologists, would you have admit the fault if you have a bunch of attack dogs fighting for your every mistake?

Is 5S stronger than 6? Absolutely, if you can get 5S at a very good price, I say go with 5S.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I haven't heard about the 6 bending, just the 6+. I think you'd be safe with the 6.

16. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

You should stay with the 4s.
    If you are so afraid of bending based on videos of people who purposely bent their phones or claim it got bent by just being in their shirt pocket, you probably just can't handle either the 5 or the 6.

17. ray737 macrumors regular

I have had my iPhone 6 plus for a few weeks now. Use it like I have used all my previous iPhones. NO BENDING. NO issues at all!!!!!!!

18. idyll, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

idyll macrumors 6502

The iPhone 5 /5S bent as well.. As did the iPhone 4.

My white / silver iPhone 5 was bent slightly :(

I think the size of the 6 / 6 Plus lends it to being bent more easily than than previous iPhone iterations, since there's such a large surface area to "mess up."

19. stasha macrumors 6502

5s is excellent the gold is amahhzing ,but the 6 plus is an orgasme

20. neile45 macrumors regular

get the gold 5S, that way everyone that really wants the 6 doesn't have to wait for yours to ship:D

21. canadianpj macrumors 6502

The 6 is not prone to bending. Sorry if you've been taken in by all the click bait headlines.

22. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

23. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Because most Americans are sheep, incapable of critical thinking and have very short memories.

24. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

And, again, you seem to have not actually read much of that thread you posted.
    (hint - it's a thread about the 6+) - of course, it might be too long to read - it's more than 1 page. :D

So, what have you to say about the 6? Seems like a good compromise between a not-so-fresh 5s, and the larger 6 plus.

25. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW