Which Trasformers Revenge of the Fallen Blu Ray should i get?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pb1300, Oct 22, 2009.

1. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Im curious to know what the difference is between the Walmart Imax Big Screen Limited Edition one, and the standard blu ray copy? Does the Walmart one take up the whole screen, where the standard has the black on the top and bottom? I want to order one of the two, but dont know which. Any suggestions?

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I'd suggest the free one off the internet since that movie isn't worth the gas it would take to drive to the store...

3. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I grew up to Transformers, and liked the second one, regardless of the plot, acting, etc. Im looking for advice one the two blu rays, not an opinion that does me no good.

4. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

Well I picked up the Walmart Big Screen Edition on Tuesday (was only $19.96 for BlueRay). Its the same as the normal edition, except it goes to full 16:9 on about 3 occasions; the forest scene and twice on the final fight scenes. Also, there's like 5 or so seconds of additional footage in the forest scene.

IMO its worth it, you really do notice the difference when it fills up the whole screen (these are the IMAX shots). Don't know why they didn't just make the whole movie that way... but, I still like it.

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Agreed. It is so annoying having the movie only fill up only part of the screen.