Which version of Office do you use? Mac or Windows?

Which version of Office do you use on your Mac?

• Mac version

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Windows version (Bootcamp only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows version (Installed on Bootcamp but also use it via Parallels)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Windows version (only in VM in Parallels)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Others

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, for those who use the Mac and Office, which version of Office do you use and why?

cmaier

macrumors G5
Jul 25, 2007
California
I use the Mac version. Does everything I need - haven’t had a spreadsheet/word .doc or PowerPoint presentation that i couldn’t open, work with, save, and send to people on windows without a problem.

vertical smile

macrumors 601
Sep 23, 2014
I use the Mac 2016 version.

I use it because I don't have to use Windows to use Office, and it was really cheap with a discount I got. I think it was only $15.

I could have got the 2019 Mac version for the same amount, but I waited to long, and the discount that I used to get via my employer has changed to the Office 360 subscription @ $10 a month. Not worth it to me.

Seems like everyone is going to subscriptions....

I am now kicking myself for not purchasing Office 2019 @ $15 when I had the chance to.

Erehy Dobon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2018
I only run Office 2019 Windows in a VirtualBox instance (Windows 10 Professsional) on one of my Macs.

I actually have a cheapass Wintel box running Windows 10 Home but I don't bother to run MS Office on that system.

Apart from MS Remote Desktop, I have no native Microsoft software on my Macs. No Mac Office, no Skype, no OneDrive, etc.

I am pretty sure I have no Microsoft apps on my iDevices.

Annv

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2019
I have both Mac and Windows versions of Office 365 installed (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Most of the time, I use them on the Windows side in Parallels, because of better text-to-speech options in my languages.

If I do not need TTS, sometimes I work with the files in Excel for Mac due to a smoother scrolling.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Office 2016 - Mac version.
I don't use Office very much. Occasionally Word when I need to write a letter etc, but have never used PowerPoint or Excel on my system at all! lol

tyc0746

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2019
I use both, but mostly the Windows version via Bootcamp, for 2 main reasons...
1) the Mac versions is slower, missing some features/customisations
2) because the results are not 100% the same (99.5% possibly), and I sometimes have clients where the Mac created file renders slightly differently on their Windows version, so I try to match OS to the client to be certain and reduce rework.

iAssimilated

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2018
PNW
I have the latest version of O365 subscription Office installed on my Mac (subscription is provided by my work), but I primarily use LibreOffice.

Reactions: sracer