Which Warrenty should I get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EmbraceTheOne, Nov 5, 2011.

1. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I'm yet to get a Warrenty for my iPhone, and I have untill the 12th to get Warrenty.
    For those of you with Verizon,
    I can get Asurion Warrenty for 16.99 a month, Which replaces any damage, water, etc etc. But it costs 169$ per replacement.

Or I'm thinking Apple Care +. I don't know much about it, But I do know that It's 99$ a year. Does it replace accidental damage? Can anyone explain to me the pros and cons?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Lots of threads on this topic. Search this forum on "Warranty" (note spelling) and there will be plenty of info there.

3. MayBee macrumors 6502

to answer your question...

Applecare + is $99 for 2 years of protection from the date that you bought it. It includes accidental drop and water damage. However, you need to pay $50 deductible for a replacement. And you can do it 2x only within the 2 years.

4. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Warranty is such a ripoff. If you're one of the types to lose your phone, I would suggest getting the Asurion insurance since they cover theft I believe. Yeah it's a deductible but it's a lot cheaper than buying a phone out of contract. Get AppleCare+ if you're clumsy where you're prone to dropping it or getting water damage.