While Americans suffer in Puerto Rico & USVI, Trump talks smack about the NFL

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nice priorities the President has. While people suffer elsewhere in our territories, and while he has yet to even visit the islands, he sure finds the time to fly down to Alabama and talk and tweet crap about NFL players! First world "problems" for him I guess. :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/23/trump-withdraws-warriors-white-house-invitation

IMG_5160.jpg

And isn't it interesting that no such bile came out of his mouth when Tom Brady didn't show up at the White House?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/sports/-new-england-patriots-visit-white-house-donald-trump.html

Why the double standard from Trump?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He was in a rally in Alabama, there's a thing called "know your audience" when it comes to public speaking. Trump nailed it.

3. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

While you were posting people were suffering in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Also while the US military is flying B1-B bombers off the coast of North Korea...

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Lets not forget the earthquake victims in Mexico.

6. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

Good thing B-1’s aren’t used for disaster relief.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

This piece of **** is taking a harder stance against peaceful black protesters than he did against violent Nazi protestors.

8. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Again, why no tweets and bile when a white guy avoided the White House? Hmmmm? Or is this an admission from you that Trump's target audience at these rallies are racists?

9. Zenithal macrumors 604

- Alabama
    - Know your audience

There's a metric ton of Black folks in Alabama.

10. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

What ever happened to the $1M Trump was donating to hurricane victims? Did we ever find out if it happened or what organizations the money was donated to?

11. MachCrit Suspended

MachCrit

Tax the rich NFL players and owners to pay for the rebuild.

12. zin macrumors 6502

If he had visited Puerto Rico, however unlikely that may be since it is currently without power, water, and fuel, you'd have castrated him for doing a photo op.

13. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Silent protest. Man in picture refuses to salute the Nazi flag in 1936.

I'm sure Trump would want him arrested too.
    Man refuses Nazi salute 1936.jpg

14. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No I wouldn't. I think it's important for leaders to see things first hand. It's all about the way someone handles things.

For instance:

• Unloading a truck of play-dough for less than a minute, yeah, I'm going to criticize that as being nothing more than a photo op.
    • Posing for selfie photos and telling people in a shelter to "have a good time" while his wife actually dishes food next to him, is going to get criticism from me.
    But if he's there to actually see the damage and not make it all about him, then I will support him. I don't think it is as helpful to see things after the floodwaters have receeded and some of the damage has been cleaned up. Macron already visited French territory damaged in the Caribbean. Why hasn't Trump?
    https://www.voanews.com/a/france-macron-caribbean-islands-irma/4025358.html
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    Yup! This is one thing that he actually came through on.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...al-1-million-harvey-donation-going/639128001/

15. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Good god. You’re unaware of the planned trip to PR and Virgin Island. You’re perspective is so hysterically warped by your bias. It’s shameful yet entertaining.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

While you two were posting, I was prepping meals and donating to those who have suffered under Irma, Maria, and Harvey.

Let us know when you finally get around to doing the same, if at all, let alone Trump for Puerto Rico and USVI.

BL.

17. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Were you also ordering your Kim Hero t-shirt?

I don’t participate in humanitarian peeing contests. What I do isn’t for bragging rights or public display.

18. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You assume because I started a thread about Kim using the better part of the English language to insult Trump, that I'm hero-worshipping him.

You are greatly mistaken. But do keep it up.

And it is funny that @MadeTheSwitch is right; your man's priorities are heavily misplaced, especially for being POTUS and its territories. Guam is important because of DPRK *POSSIBLY* firing on it, but lives in other territories affected by natural disaster are second fiddle to the NFL?

Again, priorities need to be checked: by Trump and his supporters; a case clearly shown in this very thread.

BL.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I bought ammo & water. Picking up 2 -5 gallon gas containers that I will. Be rotating and rotating my dry goods as well as picking up canned goods oh and stocking up on the first aid kit
    Friend has family in Puerto Rico. They are ok but worried about all the looters hitting the streets

20. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Since Kim does not even speak English, yet you credit his English skills, there really isn’t any other way to look at it. Now is there.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Which goes to prove the point even more. He doesn't know English, yet used words that Trump doesn't even know the meaning of, and English is his primary language. That's sad.

BL.

22. jdillings macrumors 68000

Yep. His audience for the event were the middle and lower class voters in a state not on the west or east coast. This message plays very well because the people he is targeting are unlikable.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, just for clarification, are you saying that the people of middle-America are unlikeable?

24. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Maybe now that he won, he should stop playing to his audience and try speaking like an adult and a true leader no matter where he is. But that won't happen. He'd rather get the cheap applause.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Almost none of them voted for Trump and almost none of them will be voting for the guy he's rallying for.
    Nope. He's got to win again in 4 years, the campaign has already started.