iPhone XR While driving, I don’t get text (or any) notifications (ios13)

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
But I do not have do not disturb on? I never know that I received texts after getting out of the vehicle. How can I arrive to my destination and look at my phone and see new texts and emails?

What am I missing?

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Why would you want texts while driving?
Let me clarify I do not need to read the text while I’m driving. But when I arrive at my destination I would like to see that I have missed texts. With a notification that lets me know that I’ve missed texts. As it currently stands when you arrive you see you’ve received no new notifications. That is what I am trying to avoid.

Reactions: Jimmy James

now i see it

macrumors 601
Jan 2, 2002
The setting isn't as nuanced as that.
Just make sure that icon badges show and check them that way

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The setting isn't as nuanced as that.
Just make sure that icon badges show and check them that way
Why wouldn't the notifications be there though? Doesn't seem like anything should be preventing them.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
I have missed several texts lately as the phone shows no new notifications even though i have 3 new texts that came in while driving. Normally I would miss those and never know they came in.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have missed several texts lately as the phone shows no new notifications even though i have 3 new texts that came in while driving. Normally I would miss those and never know they came in.
So, out of curiosity, for those, are there badge notifications on the Messages app at least? Do they perhaps show up in Notification Center (even if they don't seem to appear on the lock screen)?

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
So, out of curiosity, for those, are there badge notifications on the Messages app at least? Do they perhaps show up in Notification Center (even if they don't seem to appear on the lock screen)?
No.

That’s what I’m trying to get. I want to see a badge notification so I know I missed something. Even when you open messages there aren’t any blue dot notifications showing any unread texts. Or bold texts showing unread. It looks just as if you’ve already read them even with new unread messages

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No.

That’s what I’m trying to get. I want to see a badge notification so I know I missed something. Even when you open messages there aren’t any blue dot notifications showing any unread texts. Or bold texts showing unread. It looks just as if you’ve already read them even with new unread messages
That seems like something beyond do not disturb or something like that. Almost like it’s considering that something is actually getting and reading the messages.

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I want a text while driving so I can safely pull over when safe and check when my phone chimes. I don’t want to spend 45 minutes getting to my destination only to find out plans changed and my phone withheld a message. One doesn’t need to be a lawbreaking, texting & driving madman for this to be of benefit.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I want a text while driving so I can safely pull over when safe and check when my phone chimes. I don’t want to spend 45 minutes getting to my destination only to find out plans changed and my phone withheld a message. One doesn’t need to be a lawbreaking, texting & driving madman for this to be of benefit.
It sounds like the issue here isn't all that related to any of that and is about new messages coming in without notification and somehow getting treated as if they were already read too.

Reactions: Minarets

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
It sounds like the issue here isn't all that related to any of that and is about new messages coming in without notification and somehow getting treated as if they were already read too.
Correct

I’m missing messages that otherwise show up when not driving.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Figured it out. For some reason under Bluetooth my Titan was set up as connected twice and with competing commands. One with show notifications on and one with it off and it must have been crossing p the signal.

Once I deleted both and repaired and turned off show notifications my phone now shows them as normal.

Thanks