Whiner in Chief

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, May 17, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Hey, Trump has just attempted another commencement speech, this one in front of some Coast Guard cadets. Among his "inspiring" words was this comment:

“Look at the way I’ve been treated lately,” Trump said, as some in the audience burst into laughter, “especially by the media. No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly."​

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...d-gradution-unfairly-treated-president-238505

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the Clinton standard,,,,,,,,,,,,, did he never hear of it?

3. samiwas macrumors 65816

You have to wonder if he is even capable of speaking without talking about himself or making it about himself.

4. citizenzen Suspended

No president has ever been such a stupid, unqualified, intemperate disaster.

The reaction is a response to what trump has brought to the position.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/10/obama-refers-to-himself-75-times-in-farewell-address/

75 times refereed to himself .
    --- Post Merged, May 17, 2017 ---
    got to agree there. 70 y/o and tweets like a teen instead of getting his fat ass to work.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No, he is not.

This is because he is a narcissist, and therefore, everything that is said and done has to be engineered in such a way so that it becomes all about him, and only him.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

impeachment will be everyone else's fault except his :p

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

never change got to bring in Clinton
    now it should be leaker in chief.

11. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

He can blame me if it happens. I have no problem with that.

12. edk99 macrumors 6502a

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

How disingenuous can you guys get? I mean honestly.

Two of you now post the same story, about the farewell address where presidents customarily look back at their administration.

I don't think I could come up with a less applicable "example" if I tried.

Honest to god, whoever the next major American figure to pass away and gets a presidential eulogy....that's going to be a ****ing disaster.

15. Scepticalscribe, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Oh, gosh. Yes, I can visualise it already: Actually, I'd hate to be his speech-writer - that would present an almost insuperable challenge. And yes, I have prepared speeches for eulogies, but - on that matter, I believe that Mr Trump actually scripts (if that verb can be used in this context) his own speeches.

I'd imagine that it would sound something like this: "I am so torn up by this sad news that I am really sad. Really sad. That is, a lot of sad. I am really really sad about this. You know, it is not good for you to be so sad, but I am sad. So sad. I mean, folks, this is a sad day, and I think it is okay to feel sad, as I do. Really sad....."

16. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Republicans will never impeach Trump. They always insist on carrying a baby for a full term.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lmmfao, nice.

18. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

He brings it on himself... but its everyone else fault but his.

19. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Considering how low the bar Jame Buchanan set the bar, that's impressively low opinion of Trump.:eek: Sounds about right though.:oops: James Buchanan said it was illegal for the Federal Government to prevent a State from seceding from the Union.o_O "Don't let the door hit you on the way out. And take Mississippi too.":p

While Buchanan only played the fiddle while Rome burns, Trump is actively torching the Circus Maximus and the Colosseum.:mad::mad::mad:

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

OMG..that is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Best post of the week. You win! :D

Trump really is a sad sad little man. People are being mean to me....waaaaaah. Well Mr. Trump, people are just doing what you do: counterpunching. Get used to it.

21. samiwas macrumors 65816

Seriously. Thankfully, enough people took care of this in the time I was out, but really...

I you think Obama was in any way even remotely as obsessed with himself as Trump is, you have some serious deflection issues.

I cannot think of too many times that Obama would answer a question like "What is your opinion on the state of Israel currently", and he would answer something like "Well, I had the biggest election win in history. The crowd at my inauguration was huge. It was tremendous. And I have been getting the best people. Only I can get the things done to bring back jobs. It'll be tremendous. But I am constantly dogged by the lying media. SAD!"

The man is straight up narcissist, so obsessed with himself, he cannot imagine having a discussion that is not about him. And he's surrounded himself his whole life with yes-men who put him on a pedestal, and has no clue how to deal with not being #1 in everyones' eyes. Even my five-year-old has more ability to mesh with his surroundings and deal with other people.
    Perfect.

22. citizenzen Suspended

Suddenly, 40% of the population have become incapable of judging basic human behavior.

I fully expect them to take the local hobo who yells at the sky home for dinner because he looks like someone who enjoys a good conversation.

23. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Only if you are female while carrying the baby to term.

Otherwise, it is perfectly okay to do what needs to be done.......

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

President Obama's commencement speech at West Point in 2014 is well worth a read in its entirety. Even if it does make you grieve for the days when this country had a President you could be proud of.

I do have to note, that Obama did make one small complaint near the beginning of his speech:

I hope that, some day, we'll again have a President as decent, intelligent, and frankly charming as Barack Obama. My mother and I were talking about him a few months back, and she observed that she felt he was the most gentlemanly President she could remember. I could think of no finer compliment.

25. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Someone please send this man a box of the finest ghetto box wine.