Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Does anyone else really not like the white background/borders when viewing photos that don't fill the whole screen?. I don't think it makes the images as clear to see as you're distracted/blinded by the white background/borders. The black of iOS 6 is MUCH better for viewing pics imo. In fact, I'm finding viewing photos not a pleasure at all. My concern is that this is not just a beta thing that will be rectified as it's part of the new "white" theme :(

On the whole I'm getting used to the look of iOS 7, but I can't get used to this aspect, it's making it so that I don't want to view my photos anymore.

I'm half tempted to log this with apple, but I assume it's not a bug as such, it's just a design faux pas. Where would be best to log this with apple?

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
If you view single photos and tap the screen once more, the white background turns black, if that's any help. I actually have to say I don't mind it being that way. When viewing all photos, the white background fits nicely with the rest of the UI (white navigation and bottom bar). If you then click a photo to see it in full, you can make the bars go away and the background (just in case of landscape photos viewed in portrait) turns black.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
If you view single photos and tap the screen once more, the white background turns black, if that's any help. I actually have to say I don't mind it being that way. When viewing all photos, the white background fits nicely with the rest of the UI (white navigation and bottom bar). If you then click a photo to see it in full, you can make the bars go away and the background (just in case of landscape photos viewed in portrait) turns black.

OMG thank you so much, I didn't realise that about being able to toggle the background from white to black. Gotta love forums :) Hope this stays this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.