White bumper getting blue marks from jeans, whats the best way to get it white again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Oct 21, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I looked at my white bumper today and it has a big blue jean mark on it. I've had these jeans for over a year and I've washed them alot so I just figure I'll have to clean the case back to white every week or so BUT... what is the best way to clean / scrub it back to white?

Thanks for your help :)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's the way white works. It gets dirty. I replaced my bumper once it got too bad.

3. Headlighted macrumors member

You can try something like a baby wipe or magic eraser on it, that's what I use for jean transfer on purses.

Just for the love of God make sure you take the case off your phone first. :rolleyes:

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Forget the Magic Eraser, unfortunately. It's a miracle on other things, but doesnt do a thing for the material they use for the bumper. I never found anything physical or chemical that actually cleaned dye stains off Apple's bumpers. And I destroyed two of them trying.

Your choices are to keep a supply of them on hand & toss every few weeks when they get dirty (eBay has them cheap), switch to the black (nothing shows on that one), or switch to another case.