White Front iPhone 5c Why Not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henrypham120190, Oct 19, 2013.

1. henrypham120190 macrumors newbie

After having a look at the iPhone 5c series in store, I wondered why the iPhone 5c didn't come with the white front. I mean, seriously, some of them would look fantastic with white front :rolleyes:

So, do you think that making a phone with white front is more expensive than the black ones:rolleyes: or there are any technical difficulties :D ? (Android phones from Sony and Sharp also never have white front)

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They laminate the glass and the screen together so it's probably just cheaper to have one product that goes into all the phones. They already produce 5 different shells so if they can save money by just producing the black screen bits then they would do it.

The 5C is the good phone that costs Apple MUCH less to make than its predecessor, a penny saved etc. etc.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Have both a white iphone and ipad. And I like them.

But...

But the black front ones are a better design as the earpiece and camera stuff doesn't standout out of place like a sore thumb.

4. henrypham120190 thread starter macrumors newbie

But...

But if they had released the white front iphone 5c I would have bought it lol :eek:

And since there isn't a black 5c would it be better if they make the entire series with white front? Even the higher end iPod touch has white front :rolleyes:

5. ktsui01 macrumors newbie

Too many SKU's and it would've gotten confusing for customers.

Already have 5 colors, and 2 different storage configurations, 10 combinations to choose from.

Having a white front would double it to 20. And not to mention the different models for each carrier.

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Apple designed and built the iphone, with all of its intricate systems and configurations, but they can't handle 20 different SKUs? Give me a break.

7. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

I think the white front would have been a better choice

8. cube macrumors G5

It would reach a new level of ugliness similar to the current iPods.

But with the cases, it would even beat them.

9. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

with the color backs they came out with they would have went with a white front much better than black front IMO

10. henrypham120190 thread starter macrumors newbie

aren't they B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L? :eek: I think they are :cool:

11. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Personally I think there should be an ALL black and ALL white one...

12. Altis macrumors 68000

As much as I don't like the white-faced phones (because black always makes a better border for photos/videos), I agree the white would be better suited to the 5C colors and even iOS 7.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the shell white not matching the face white. Although, they probably should have done a charcoal/black/grey variant rather than white anyways.

13. munakib macrumors 6502

Its easy, they wanted people who wanted white front (which looks better with iOS7 IMO) to buy the 5S (therefore 2 white versions of the 5S)

14. thelead macrumors 6502

Because that's what they'll sell everyone on next year? I thought it was obvious :p

15. cube macrumors G5

White front might be acceptable with the white back.

Miami Vice fashion was cool then, not now.