White House Initiative on Educational Excellence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 4, 2014.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-initiative-educational-excellence-african-am

thought we are all supposed to be EQUAL.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yes.

When one part of the population is clearly lagging behind in all the indicators, you need to do something to get them on equal footing with everyone else. You don't just throw equal resources at everyone and suddenly somehow the disadvantage group is going to be brought up to par.

But you knew this, and are just trying to be facetious, so why bother....

3. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

perhaps the executive order should be directed at the PARENTS. how does keeping a bunch of undisciplined kids, REGARDLESS of race/color/background benefit the rest of the students?
    at what point are PARENTS or STUDENTS themselves accountable for their actions?
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/053014_mbk_report.pdf
    maybe, just MAYBE some PEOPLE should STOP trying to be in the featured videos of http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/ and get their head out of their rear end.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sure we are...

Attached Files:

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm sorry, but things like the last comment come off as flagrantly racist.

Also, do you understand the cycle of poverty and what a poverty trap is? If not I suggest you look into it before continuing the discussion.

When nearly 1/3 of the black males in the population are in/ have been in jail for petty drug crimes (thus ruining the chances of employment and betterment of their situation) you've essentially created a trap that takes generations to climb out of...once the policies themselves are actually changed.

In short, we ****ed over an entire population, and wonder why that population is in such bad shape.

6. jkcerda, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

1. what is racist about it? have you been there? here are some sample vids.
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1wyC861OmocYYT4J
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhTEG95oy5748u4H90
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhg3k7rOqASidTIb78

2. I grew up in a family of 14 , been there/done that , all in the family made it out. forgive me if I don't blame the invisible white hand for keeping ME down :rolleyes:

3. sometimes things are rather easy, if YOU don't want to get dirty, try not walking on mud, plenty of drugs all around me, somehow I made it out ok :rolleyes:

I will agree that people should NOT be jailed over drugs as long as they did no hurt anyone.

EDIT, mom raised me, no father figure needed.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
  8. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

not there, but I have seen plenty of links to it on FB. MOST on that site need to be flushed down the toilet. and for the record, I don't care what "color/race" they happen to be.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I only watched the first two videos, and even those I skipped through, but what I saw wasn't exactly indicative of a culture of violence in the midst of destroying itself.

It was just goofy as all get out.

10. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

i avoided the violent ones that get posted there for a reason. :D

but here if you dare

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/search.php?s=beat

11. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Oh yes, white culture (especially conservative/southern white culture) doesn't worship violence AT ALL. No siree... :rolleyes:

12. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

try looking at that link, there are plenty of scum of different colors there, seems you and others here have a problem catching that part :rolleyes:

13. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Well, that's disappointing. From the thread title I thought the feds were ensuring that pseudo-science would be kept out of schools and text books (looking at you Texas and Kansas). Instead, turned out to be a racial thing.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Further proof that the quote, "If President Obama came out in favor of oxygen, Republicans would suffocate themselves," continues to be apropos.

15. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

1. I am not a republican.

2. I fail to see what is going to accomplished by this
    at what point are people accountable for their actions?

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

A nice attempt to wiggle free from an argument that [INSERT LABEL HERE] are against every single idea that comes from the White House because it comes from the White House. It smacks of political hackery.

I agree. It's a toothless bit of policy.

Children are generally considered unable to be accountable because they are a minor party.

Moreover, if it's shown that a large number of African American children are being shifted from general education to special education (I don't know the numbers, but I'm interested in learning more) this has little to do with accountability, but rather with a policy that may not be serving the best interests of school children and may need to be changed.

Again, this seems entirely uncontroversial and I'm fascinated that such a gummy little bit of policy matters.

Of course, Republicans (not you apparently) have whipped themselves into a froth over Common Core, so I shouldn't be the least surprised.

17. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

I have 1 kid still in HS and one that finished, a few of their friends ended up in "special ed", those kids magically got their numbers/credits up pretty quick & graduated with my son, yes they did it on purpose, why? classes are easier for those groups, remedial "education" BS, at the end they still get a nice diploma like the ones my son has. color has nothing to do with it IMHO, just stupidity & laziness. seems plenty of teachers are also against common core.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Good to see you've got such strong evidence for your argument.

So what? There are teachers who think the Sun resolves around the Earth, it doesn't mean they're right, or even particularly smart.

19. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

1.links are posted from the White house no less . did you miss this part from post 3?
    why is Obama discriminating against hispanics if their numbers are also high?

2. no problems there :D

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

A program focused on one group is not discriminatory.

At best, this is a red herring argument, though not as silly as your push for "personal accountability" and your insistence that the problem is the website: worldstarhiphop.com

This is the usual mushy conservative thinking.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Must be the war on white people the Democrats hav embarked on. :rolleyes:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/...re-waging-war-on-whites/#.U9_h5JwfN2A.twitter

22. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

1. sure it is, pushes for ONE group only.

2 not just there, but it is a great place to see the problem, plenty of "people" of diverse backgrounds with their violent stupidity uniting them.

3 :rolleyes:

23. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

24. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

as racist & divisive then as it is now .
    the one on post 3 is from may 2014.

25. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg