White House Suspends Jim Acosta's Press Pass

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ucfgrad93, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

2. Rogifan, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018

Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Is there anyone more insufferable than Jim Acosta? Trump is a moron for allowing Costa to play the victim card.

3. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

I'm a little disappointed the White House suspended Acosta's press pass, for it was fun watching Jimbo and DonnyBoy going at each other.

4. VulchR, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Acosta was being selfish by asking more than one question. I generally like him, but he blew it in this case and he should apologize. In the same vein Trump should apologize for making things personal. Both were unprofessional.

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

The bottom line is that Trump lost it, he went off on several of them, it was just Acosta. He was clearly frustrated with losing the House and while we've seem some pretty abhorrent behavior from him in the past, this was the most petulant he's been yet.

6. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

While I think Acosta was being selfish with the microphone, their reasoning for suspending him is based on a false accusation that he put his hands on an intern. I’d rather they just told the truth, that they didn’t like his questioning.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Trump also can not call on him, presidents are notorious for ignoring the one's they don't like. He was clearly looking for an argument.

8. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Just curious what you like about him? To me he comes across as someone always preening for the camera.

9. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

There is an element of truth to that. However, he asks the questions I would like the POTUS to answer, so he's useful.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Suspending access for a journalist for asking too many tough questions is fundamentally unamerican. Also, no mention here about how the White House is using a doctored video from Infowars to support their argument? That’s a hell of a lot worse than anything Acosta has done.

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Sarah Huckster posted a doctored video showing Acosta "assaulting" an intern... she's as bad as Trump. This assault was Acosta's pointed hand/arm touching the interns when she reached under his left arm to grab the mic.

I can't be sure, but assault is not usually the inside of a person's elbow making contact with someone else's.

When asking a question of Trump and expecting the truth, reporters need to learn you will get one of four things;

1. A Non-Answer
    2. A Lie, or
    3. An insult or
    4. Some combination of any of the three.

This whole "tough guy" image makes Trump look like such a disgrace.

12. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

That was one of the saddest attempts at misinformation to come from the White House yet and that's saying something. This doctored video is being busted by nearly all news agencies.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

While it's dumb for Trump to do this (unless the reporter did put his hands on an intern, then he deserves it), just don't call on him for a question. I took Intro to Journalism as an elective in college and I'm pretty sure one of the basic tenants we learned was the reporter should never be the story. Acosta is ALWAYS the story. He doesn't ask questions, he lobs accusations and argues to bolster his own ego. It's two narcissists going at one another.

14. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Yep. I don’t think there’s one member of the WH press core that makes themselves the story more than Acosta.

15. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No.

45 has to call on him. In order to maintain being a bully, you have to confront those who step to you, to reaffirm your status. Acosta was the thorn in 45's side that would not go away.

45 finally realized this, and this is the false pretense he used to get rid of that thorn.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Actually he doesn't have to call on him, but OK. Listen, it's not a big secret the media is like 99% on the left side of the aisle. They don't like Trump, and while I can't stand his attacks on the media, they should do a little bit better job hiding their biases. The level of disrespect and talking over others is out of hand. Obama didn't exactly love the press and some even called him a flat out SOB when it came to his interactions with them, but the press core never acted like this with him.

17. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

That's a lie. Not a secret.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Ok in your little world they're all unbiased journalists.

19. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Nope. Stop putting words in my mouth. You lied about 99% of the media being on the left. Just calling you out.

20. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

That's not addressing my point. 45 feels the need to call on Acosta in hopes of showing him up for a press moment.

Whatever you think of Acosta, it takes two to dance/fight. 45 wants to win that fight, and it wasn't happening. This is a conflict 45 created and hadn't planned on another showboat answering.

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Good job! :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2018 ---
    Yeah I know what you're saying, but in my mind I'd just simply not call on him. Make him sit there like a dunce and let his network figure out how to handle it.

22. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

When do lies stop being normal if we don't call them out?

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

You are you. You are comparing 45 with a normal adjusted personality. 45 is ego first, thinking & common sense last.

24. raqball macrumors 68000

25. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac