White House Ups Ante With New Criticism of Israel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IntheNet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Isreal is our only true ally in the Middle East and the White House, led by Bill Clinton's wife, seems intent upon ending that long and durable friendship =>

White House Ups Ante With New Criticism of Israel
    FOXNews.com
    March 14, 2010
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ps-ante-new-criticism-israel/?test=latestnews
    The White House is raising the stakes with Israel, calling it an "insult" and an "affront" that the Jewish nation would continue plans to build 1,600 new apartments during a construction freeze aimed at re-igniting peace talks with Palestinians.

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

woman aren't allowed to have opinions of their own? what is it with right wingers that they seem to have so much hate for woman who have mildly liberal politics? what's with that?

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

My god, criticism instead of ass kissing in this day and age?

I thought you took the "America can do whatever it wants because we are so great" approach to life?

You also can't name Hillary by anything other than "clinton's wife"? Shes the secretary of state for christs sake! Coming from someone who talks nonstop about the "Sexism" in relation to Palin, you don't see anything conflicting about that?

4. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Do you really think you're going to get a serious discussion going with this kind of title? "Criticism = war" in your mind? Are you insane?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're just a troll, although that just might be a defense mechanism on my part; I simply cannot believe that anyone can think the way you do.

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Even though we are allies, doesn't mean we have to support them on everything they do.

Frankly, that Israeli spy that we caught spying on us was more of a threat to ending our friendship then us criticizing them building apartments. :rolleyes:

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yes. It's incredible isn't it? Almost inhuman in it's ability to take reality and reason and twist it into something incredibly ugly and downright frightening.

Let's study this fascinating creature a bit further in it's natural habitat.

7. IntheNet thread starter macrumors regular

IntheNet

The point is that the White House is continuing its unwarranted criticism, even though Israel Premier Netanyahu has already apologized for the incident in question.

Israel's Netanyahu seeks to ease tension after Biden's Mideast trip
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-israel-tensions15-2010mar15,0,1367217.story
    The premier expresses regret over the announcement of a controversial Jewish settlement. The U.S. says the move hurt efforts to restart peace talks with Palestinians and embarrassed the vice president.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Does the apology include not building the housing, or is it just words?

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So are the apartments still being built?

10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Given what the current Israeli gov't is doing to indigenous Palestinians in East Jerusalem, the criticism doesn't go far enough. Part of the benefit of being allies is being able to point out where you are going wrong. Israel has been plagued with several misguided gov'ts over the years and the US should continue to prod them in the more humanitarian direction.

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Another biased and loaded title and post.
    Move along...

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This. It's a wonderful gimmick account :D. The same persona is used on quite a few forums. Check out bigsoccer forums for instance.

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

part of the problem may be that some right wingers aren't able to tolerate criticism even though criticizing politicians is a traditional American value

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Don't tarnish everyone who self-identifies as "right" with inthenet's irrationality.

15. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

I am pretty sure he is a troll also, almost every single post he makes is in the politics sub forum and I am not sure he has created a SINGLE thread in any other section.

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

i said "some" right wingers which certainly doesn't include all of them :cool:

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Oops sorry macky-mac I missed that word :). Maybe "some people" would be more apt considering it's something we're all susceptible to.

18. IntheNet thread starter macrumors regular

IntheNet

Oh? How about those hundreds of Hamas and Hezbollah rockets fired into Israel from Palestine? Did any criticism of those rockets find favor and warrant criticism?

Just so I understand - 1,600 apartments being built is Israel "going wrong" but hundreds of Hamas and Hezbollah rockets fired into Israel from Palestinian territory doen't rise high enough to criticize?

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Point taken. We just seem to be going through an even higher than usual spate of cartoonishly inflammatory thread titles by certain people. But you're right of course.

20. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Separate issues. Both warrant attention and criticism.

21. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Even the Israelis have expressed embarassment over what happened during Biden's recent visit, a visit that was intended to show support for Israel.

Israel's defense minister (link):
    their Prime Minister:
    and of course the Arab press is chuckling over the sight of Israel giving the USA the finger (link);

22. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I didn't realize you were unaware that Turkey is both in the Middle East and is part of an alliance with the United States called NATO, which stands for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. I'm surprised you've unaware of it. I think you should read up on NATO. It's an important component of U.S. foreign policy.

23. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

InTheNet, "Bill Clinton's wife," is the secretary of state. Even if you don't respect the person you should at least respect the office. Hillary is held in pretty high esteem around the world except for North Korea maybe.

The United States has had ties with Israel for a long time and will continue to. However the US should not have to support these actions. Israel gets most of it's chutzpah from its biggest sponsor-- the US. They should follow the rules and endeavor for peace, which building new settlements is not leading towards.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This wins for ridiculous thread of the month.