White Houses releases photo of Cheney oggling naked woman?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cleverboy, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Apparently, people have too much free time.

Google "dick cheney sunglasses" and you'll find the Internet has found a new navel-gaze-a-licious pastime. Dick Cheney likes looking at nude sun bathers in public! --Or an incredible simulation.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/vicepresident/photoessays/outdoors/06.html

Well, in any case... she better watch her back. Stunts like that could get the poor woman shot... you know... if it was a... y'know... woman in the first place. :rolleyes: Maybe its the subliminal desire of all lonely men to see their right hand as a nude female. Yep... too much time on our hands.

Getting the office of the vice-president to respond to mass hysteria over wide-spread erotic apophenia... PRICELESS. :D

~ CB

Attached Files:

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You sure that's... ah... "time?" :p

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

WTF? Is it not quite obviously just his hand holding a fishing rod? :confused:

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I think it's creepier that an I'm-looking-at-a-naked-coed smile is elicited from fishing.

6. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

You guys are seeing too much into the picture. Take it for what it is: a person fishing. If there was really a naked person there, do you think the photographer would be taking a picture of the V.P?

7. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

No naked people to see here. That is blatantly someone's hand when they are fishing.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

If there weren't a naked woman there, do you think the VP would be smiling like that?

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

its a person's hand no question.

i vote wasteland

10. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

There might have been a really good fish on the end of that line that he is blatantly looking at!!!

11. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I have it on good authority the fish was naked.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I was just about to say that... :p

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well that's true. He never smiles.

14. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

The original picture was ONLY the photo on the LEFT (in the first post, not this one). The enhanced shot was only obtained later. If I'd only posted the one of the left, I'm sure some folks would be questioning it. I first only saw the RIGHT one, and had to ask myself what the fuss was about.

Seeing them both the first ruins the chuckle (I thought about only included the second image as a link, but passed on it). Regardless, its all silliness, but its a very real conversation occuring around the web (if you follow the Google link). I just did the footwork in putting it all together. Check out the original Whitehouse link.

EDIT: Ok, now I've moved the zoomed image to this post, and included a bonus shot of Ron Paul licking his lips. Heh, heh.

~ CB

Attached Files:

15. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

you had me at "Cheney naked"...

Then you have to go and spoil it with Ron Paul's salacious little lick...

16. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Freud would have a field day with some of the things people are claiming to see here.

17. djellison macrumors 68020

Very VERY obviously a fishing rod.

If there was a naked women there - do you think the photographer would be taking pictures of Cheney and not the women?

Doug

18. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Does anybody know where his fishin' hole is? I mean, I'm just askin' because I like to fish, not because I want to look at nekkid women or anything, ya know?
    :p

Edit: I blew up the picture using Apple's universal access. It does kind of look like a nekkid woman.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Oh, it's some kind of rod he's holding, I'm sure. :p

C'mon, you set me up for that one. Surprised no one else went there. Maybe I just had to go there because I've a dirty mind. :p Despite the fact that, yeah, I didn't see anything either. It's a non-issue. But then, I don't think it was really meant to be news. Just something kind of funny about someone most of us hate anyway, even ignoring when he shot his friend in the face.

20. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Personally, I'm thinking the NEWS is that this *actually* MADE news (if that logic can be followed). I mean, we can look at the zoomed image all we like and say we don't see it, but... the "coverage" is hilarious.

I wouldn't have thought twice if this hadn't sort of "blown up". Funny, funny, funny stuff. But that's just me. Points to the POWER of the Internet to make something that ISN'T NEWS into NEWS, simply by repetition.

This post is part of that cycle. For me, this is a bit scary on a certain level, because this effect can become extremely damaging too.

~ CB