White iPhone 4 Delay - No Longer 2nd Half of July?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Jul 1, 2010.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Do you think now that there is all this controversy with a small percentage of people across the country with antenna or reception issues, that they will delay shipment or sale of White iPhone 4's?

It's a shame because I have had no problems with the current black one, which I plan to hand over to my dad after I the white one comes in stock.

2. zoman504 macrumors regular

And we would know, how? Talk about pointless threads.

3. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Why would they delay the White one, but keep selling the (supposedly) defective black one. If Apple admits there's an issue, then they'll do a recall, and won't sell ANY phones. Otherwise, why hold back the White iPhone yet keep selling the black?

4. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't ask if you know, I asked what you think.. It's a form of discussion for those that may be interested in the white iPhone 4.

They may just add a silent minor hardware fix to the White iPhone 4, causing a delay in it arriving to Apple Stores for sale.

5. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

The white should go on sale regardless of antenna issues. No need to worry..

6. Rus Shackleford macrumors regular

fair enough but the title of this post is really misleading....like hey, it's no longer the 2nd half of july.

7. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Again, if thats the case then we'd see a delay in the black version as well.

8. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am not sure how it is misleading, I put a question mark at the end of my statement. That was not my intention.

9. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

The problem is it's two statements. "white iPhone delay" and "no longer 2nd half of July". The first is a statement. Only the second one had a question mark. That way it makes it sound like you have information about a delay, and you're speculating about it not making the July deadline. That's why it's deceiving.

10. Zerase macrumors member

Zerase

Well, OP, I knew exactly what you meant - Honestly, I kind of thought the same thing. I'm really hoping that it is not the case. :(

11. nasa25 macrumors 65816

You will get the white iPhone when us canadians get iPhone 4. Keep track of that date.

12. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I heard they were not shipping until September but then again who really knows what the heck is going on.

13. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I thought to myself today that if my phone I get replaced tomorrow morning at the Genius Bar has a yellow spot on it for the 3rd time, with the 30 day window, in theory I could wait for a white phone to check out before I returned it.

However ever picture I see with a case on the white (and casing is a must for me) makes the white phone look inferior in my eyes. The only minor exception is the black bumper. It would be nice to have both in front of me to decide. Then again I do have that 30 days from tomorrow again plus a line open on my family pack so you never know. As of today the black is still my pick. But it's not a completely educated choice since I haven't had it in my hands.

Blonde Buddhist

14. 0101001 macrumors 6502

15. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had both a black bumper and white bumper. I opened and tried the white one on and hated it, not for its color but because it felt so squeeky/squishy on the iPhone 4. I also feel like I like the look of the phone without the bumper on and it felt bigger with it on. I had bought the white one for my future white iPhone and the black one for the current black model, but did not bother even opening it after I felt how white one is on it.. just sold the white one on eBay for $60 and the black one I am returning to Apple.

16. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I heard people say that, with no source, but Apple has since said second half of July. I'd guess 17th-24th.