White iPhone 4S Camera photos meh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Is anyone else having some wash out issues on their 4S while taking photos?

I am using a Griffin Etch case on a white 4S and sometimes the photos have blurry glow effects to them? Is this normal considering the white phone with using the LED Flash?

2. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I have a 4s with an otterbox reflex (which shouldn't matter) and pictures are perfect. How are your pictures with the case off?

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It's not your iPhone, it's the case. How is your case cutout? If there are two individual circles around the camera and flash, then that's probably the reason. I used to use a CaseCrown case like that and would always get foggy photos, since I got the incipio feather I haven't had that problem. The larger cutout cases tend to avoid the flash problem.

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Not really impressed with the flash. I tend not to take pics if its too dark and just leave it for during the day.

5. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I don't use a case and have wash out issues. I have been severely unimpressed with the camera.

6. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

7. robrob74 macrumors member

I have a white iPhone 4s and use an apple bumper with perfect pictures, I had a belkin grip vue which always made my photos hazy when using the flash and took it back after 1 day. If you have problems with the pictures without a case then I'd have apple switch out the phone, mine takes beautiful pics.

8. cynics macrumors G3

I wouldn't think that case would cause too much issue but it's tough to say. Just pull it off, clean the lens and snap some pics using the flash.

What's typically happening is the flash being reflected back into the lens a little and you are seeing the glare. Lighter colors reflex more light while darker absorb more light.