White iPhone 4S notice black outline on outside of screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Does anyone else notice there is a black line outline around where the screen is glued to the front glass, also my White 4S seems to have a off white color to it, but I noticed this on others including the 4 and it is the same. I just wish the white phone looked like it does on Apple's website.

Curious if I am the only one seeing where the screen is glued to the front glass?

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Nope mine is just as white and a carbon copy of my girls 4

3. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

4. scorchedguitar macrumors newbie

I did notice this right away. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one, thought I was crazy for a bit. It doesn't really bother me though like a scratch would.

5. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

6. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

you don't really even notice it there unless you stare at it.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's been present in every iPhone to date; the white ones just show it off more.

8. rkeato1 macrumors regular

yeah, the black outline is on every iphone. The white looks pretty white to me, but it's all relative.

9. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well would you look at that; there is a black bar there; didn't notice it until now. Meh, 2 mms of black; I'll get over it.

10. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

What you're looking at is the frame of the LCD. All displays have a frame like that (usually black), which is visible all the time. You're only noticing it now because of the contrast with the white glass around it. :)

11. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I get that, and I understand I might be picky, just that the one on Apple.com is very white, almost like they photoshopped out the issues, just not sure I like the white because of that, I might trade it in and go for black, but I can live with it if I had to, just really strange how they look all white, really white on apple, but in person they show that line.

I also put my white one up against my 4 in Black and there is still a thickness difference where the white one is slightly thicker to hide the lite leaks they originally had with the white phone.

Just being picky but I was wondering if I was alone, because most people around me have Black phones.