white iphone 5 questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iAppleFanatic2, Oct 8, 2012.

1. iAppleFanatic2 macrumors newbie

Does the sides of the screen collect lint/ small black dust like the older white iphones?

2. garyp609 macrumors newbie

3. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

My fren has an white iPhone 5, hasn't seen this issue yet.

4. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Yes it does, and if people claim it is not there then you are not OCD enough. ;)

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes it does. Mine also collects ABC gum. And some tobacco spit.

Damn people at Apple.

6. pragmatous macrumors 65816

my current phone also collects chicken wing sauce after eating chicken wings. Is there a way to make it so the sauce doesn't stick on the phone because I don't like having to wipe my hands before using the phone.

7. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

I have a question:

I was at the Apple store this week and absolutely loved the look of the white with the aluminum. There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me. Sparkling all over the place :p . I don't know if it was just all the light from the store, but it made the phone look a bit "tacky" in a way. I can't explain it.

Anyway, is that a problem for you guys/gals during everyday usage? Something you really don't notice?

I have a black iPhone 4s (coming from the original) I got this past weekend to hold me over for another month or so before I get an iPhone 5, and I did like the black version as well, there was just something about the white one that made it stand out. But once I noticed those edges, I could not not see those edges...if that makes sense.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Also around the home button

Happens on black as well but it is less prominent

Seen it too many times

9. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Using my white 5 in bright sunlight today, I noticed the same thing you did. Very distracting.

Will probably scuff the edges with some grey Scotchbrite to kill the extreme shine.

10. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

Guess I'll most likely go with a black iPhone 5.

11. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Maybe a Galaxy would be a better idea.

12. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

And that somehow has something to do with what I'm talking about?

13. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Seems obvious to me. You said:

"There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me."

Apparently this is not the phone for you. That is okay, more people in America buy phones OTHER than Iphones. That's okay.

14. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

You obviously did not read everything I had to say. That's what seems obvious to me.

15. MattBookBower macrumors member

The only thing that happens on mine is that a bit of dust etc is getting caught in the edge of the case, thinking of taking the case off as didn't have this problem before...

16. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

Ignore the posters who will come in here just to blast you for asking a legit question. I suspect they are paid by apple to monitor these boards and make sure you aren't trolling but their negative attitude makes one not want to really post. Having said that my wife has a white iPhone 5 and so far she hasn't had any issues with it. She does have a bumper around the edges tho

17. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Hi I had the white iPhone for 4S and I have the white iPhone 5 and it doesn't bother me I don't notice it at all dust is not a problem and there's no reflection from the edges. I have it in a bumper case from target

And just to let you know I'm pretty OCD and pretty picky so I would've noticed these things