white iphone 5 questions

iAppleFanatic2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Does the sides of the screen collect lint/ small black dust like the older white iphones?

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
Yes it does, and if people claim it is not there then you are not OCD enough. ;)

Comment

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Yes it does. Mine also collects ABC gum. And some tobacco spit.

Damn people at Apple.

Comment

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Yes it does. Mine also collects ABC gum. And some tobacco spit.

Damn people at Apple.
my current phone also collects chicken wing sauce after eating chicken wings. Is there a way to make it so the sauce doesn't stick on the phone because I don't like having to wipe my hands before using the phone.

Comment

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I have a question:

I was at the Apple store this week and absolutely loved the look of the white with the aluminum. There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me. Sparkling all over the place :p . I don't know if it was just all the light from the store, but it made the phone look a bit "tacky" in a way. I can't explain it.

Anyway, is that a problem for you guys/gals during everyday usage? Something you really don't notice?

I have a black iPhone 4s (coming from the original) I got this past weekend to hold me over for another month or so before I get an iPhone 5, and I did like the black version as well, there was just something about the white one that made it stand out. But once I noticed those edges, I could not not see those edges...if that makes sense.

Comment

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I have a question:

I was at the Apple store this week and absolutely loved the look of the white with the aluminum. There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me. Sparkling all over the place :p . I don't know if it was just all the light from the store, but it made the phone look a bit "tacky" in a way. I can't explain it.

Anyway, is that a problem for you guys/gals during everyday usage? Something you really don't notice?

I have a black iPhone 4s (coming from the original) I got this past weekend to hold me over for another month or so before I get an iPhone 5, and I did like the black version as well, there was just something about the white one that made it stand out. But once I noticed those edges, I could not not see those edges...if that makes sense.
Using my white 5 in bright sunlight today, I noticed the same thing you did. Very distracting.

Will probably scuff the edges with some grey Scotchbrite to kill the extreme shine.

Comment

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Using my white 5 in bright sunlight today, I noticed the same thing you did. Very distracting.

Will probably scuff the edges with some grey Scotchbrite to kill the extreme shine.
Guess I'll most likely go with a black iPhone 5.

Comment

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I have a question:

I was at the Apple store this week and absolutely loved the look of the white with the aluminum. There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me. Sparkling all over the place :p . ...
Maybe a Galaxy would be a better idea.

Comment

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
And that somehow has something to do with what I'm talking about?
Seems obvious to me. You said:

"There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me."

Apparently this is not the phone for you. That is okay, more people in America buy phones OTHER than Iphones. That's okay.

Comment

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Seems obvious to me. You said:

"There's just one thing I couldn't get over, which was those chamfer edges. It just seemed to be too shiny for me."

Apparently this is not the phone for you. That is okay, more people in America buy phones OTHER than Iphones. That's okay.
You obviously did not read everything I had to say. That's what seems obvious to me.

Comment

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
Ignore the posters who will come in here just to blast you for asking a legit question. I suspect they are paid by apple to monitor these boards and make sure you aren't trolling but their negative attitude makes one not want to really post. Having said that my wife has a white iPhone 5 and so far she hasn't had any issues with it. She does have a bumper around the edges tho

Comment

Dstopsie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Hi I had the white iPhone for 4S and I have the white iPhone 5 and it doesn't bother me I don't notice it at all dust is not a problem and there's no reflection from the edges. I have it in a bumper case from target

And just to let you know I'm pretty OCD and pretty picky so I would've noticed these things

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.